NSC – Henderson
Nevada State College (NSC) appreciates your interest in employment. To ensure your application process runs smoothly, we ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or [email protected].
Nevada State College (NSC) invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant III within the Career Services Center. Under the direction of the Director of Career Services, this position will perform a variety of clerical, secretarial and administrative support duties within the Career Services Center such as maintaining records and files; data entry; composing and editing correspondence and reports; office management; ordering goods and services; calendaring and scheduling of meetings and appointments; HR onboarding of new staff members and time verification of student workers; and budget verifications and monitoring. This individual will also be expected to provide the highest level of customer service to internal and external constituents including faculty, staff, students, employers, and community members.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Nevada State College, a four-year Minority Serving public institution with a statewide mission, is dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning and committed to the advancement of a diverse and largely under-served student population. Designated a Hispanic Serving (HSI) and Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Institution (AANAPI), NSC is a college where teaching and student support are valued above all else.
A majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students, of which 45% are Hispanic, 14% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 9% are Black/African American, 24% are White, and 9% are multiracial.
We celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the college and progress its mission, the college dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of NSC, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our institution and our community.
We encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
Support to Director – 40%
- Assist the Director with various administrative tasks, special projects, office initiatives, and other duties as assigned
- Create surveys, reports, spreadsheets, and other documents. Collect and analyze data. Create semester and annual reports for office benchmarking and accreditation purposes
- Coordinate and schedule classroom presentations with FYE instructors each semester; coordinate and schedule semester meetings with student support partners (i.e. Academic Advising Center, Writing Center, Academic Success Center) and academic departments
- Create timely and accurate Career Services Monthly e-newsletters
- Assist with the management of Handshake – our campus recruiting software.
- Assist with management of additional online software such as Zoom, Calendly, Eventbrite, 25Live, etc.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required for career events/workshops and to represent Career Services Center at college events
Office Management and Administration – 30%
- Maintain calendars, reserve rooms, and coordinate agendas, reports, presentations, and other materials for weekly team meetings and other meetings
- Monitor office needs including office supply inventory
- Provide event support (such as room reservations, catering, set-up/breakdown, attendance processing, etc.) to career workshops/events
- Ensure full coverage of the front office and serve in a front office role when student workers are unavailable
- Manage and maintain front office operations including providing excellent customer service, answering phones/email, and maintaining updated reports and documents
- Manage the centralized email account by responding to emails and delegating career advising appointments to appropriate staff members
- Ensure a positive and professional image to students, faculty/staff, and visiting employers
- Update and maintain office forms, handouts/worksheets, marketing material, website pages, and social media accounts
HR/Financial Support – 30%
- Oversee and monitor budget to track expenses, process purchase requisitions and payment vouchers, process invoices for vendor payment, and reconcile procurement card for operational and travel expenses
- Provide HR support to the office including onboarding new staff and student workers via Workday
- Oversee scheduling, attendance, task management, program/presentation coordination, and payroll of student workers
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintenance of complex records and files; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as payroll, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities; OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship (NSC does not sponsor employment-related visas
Please note: Applicants must meet the posted minimum qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered for the position.
Due to the current health and safety emergency declaration, anyone hired must receive a complete (and verified) COVID-19 vaccination series or an approved medical or religious waiver request as a term and condition of employment prior to any start date at any Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institution.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with data collection and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling; ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- High proficiency in computer literacy particularly in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of budget policies and procedures, and the ability to manage day-to-day financial operations
- Experience with Workday, Qualtrics, PeopleSoft and internet search tools preferred
Salary & Benefits
Budgeted salary for this position is $36,790.56. Nevada State College offers excellent benefits, including an excellent retirement plan, generous vacation & sick benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and a choice between three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts. No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This Posting is Open Until Filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSC, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment(s) viewable to you will be the attachment(s) to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment(s) to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment(s) will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at [email protected].
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State College;
- Names and contact information of three references (you will be notified before references are contacted);
- Veteran Interview Consideration – (optional) – To receive interview consideration for veterans and veterans with a service-connected disability, proof is required at the time of application. Please attach proof electronically to your application under the Resume/CV section. (Examples of acceptable documents include DD-214, disability letter from Veteran’s Administration, etc.)
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.