NSC – Henderson
Nevada State College (NSC) appreciates your interest in employment. To ensure your application process runs smoothly, we ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or [email protected].
Nevada State College (NSC) invites applications for the position of Transformando Caminos Administrative Assistant III. The Transformando Caminos Administrative Assistant III will support the Transformando Caminos Hispanic-Serving Institution grant and subsequent grant activities. Goals of the grant include; 1) Increase access and Hispanic and low-income student enrollment in teacher preparation programs through culturally competent, intentional outreach; 2) Increase student success by demonstrating leadership in academic and student support, improving student success for a high diverse, first-generation student population through innovative and evidence-based practices; 3) Collaboratively address challenges of workforce and industry education needs through government and sister institution partnerships and formal articulation agreements between NSC, K-12, and two- year institutions that provide simplified, guaranteed transfer processes for transfer and dual-credit students; 4) Innovate in curriculum and instruction by building socially relevant curricula that anticipate and are responsive to a diverse regional workforce.
This position is housed within the School of Education (SOE), which serves over 600 undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students pursuing licensure programs in early childhood, elementary, special, and secondary education, as well as speech-language pathology. Some responsibilities of the Transformando Caminos Administrative Assistant III include, record keeping, data management, office management, and assist with federal reporting.
About Nevada State College:
Founded in 2002, NSC is a four-year public college located on a developing 512-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada (adjacent to Las Vegas). Our faculty and staff members enjoy the rare opportunity to mold the college as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Southern Nevada. NSC emphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary student support, evidence-based practices, and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all departments across campus.
NSC, a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), serves over 7,200 students who are highly diverse and largely underserved—a majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students. We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our young institution.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At Nevada State College, we celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the college and progress its mission, the college dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of NSC, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
The ideal candidate will share the College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. As of Fall 2020, we currently enroll over 5,500 students in which 38% are Hispanic, 12% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 8% are Black/African American, 26% are White, and 10% are multiracial. Nevada State College is a Hispanic-serving institution.
Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education. For example, your efforts might include contributions in the areas of teaching, mentoring, advising, research, and/or institutional service.
- Data entry
- Data maintenance
- Assist with grant reporting requirements
- Daily office management; purchasing supplies, taking meeting notes, and other duties as necessary.
- Assisting with travel, purchasing, scheduling, and other special projects
- Assist with onboarding student workers using the Workday system
- Assist with planning grant sponsored events
- General administrative support; manage calendars, answer phones, troubleshoot issues, process hiring for new hires and re-hires
- Assist with budgeting, including reconciliations, record maintenance, creating monthly reports and monitoring expenditures.
- Assist with Alternative Routes to Licensure and transfer student processes
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintenance of complex records and files; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as payroll, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities; OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant II in Nevada State service OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship (NSC does not sponsor employment-related visas).
Please note: Applicants must meet the posted minimum qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered for the position.
Due to the current health and safety emergency declaration, anyone hired must receive a complete (and verified) COVID-19 vaccination series or an approved medical or religious waiver request as a term and condition of employment prior to any start date at any Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institution.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Proficiency using video conferencing platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and multi-tasking skills
Salary & Benefits
Budgeted salary for this position is $36,790.56. Nevada State College offers excellent benefits, including an excellent retirement plan, generous vacation & sick benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and a choice between two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts. No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This Posting is Open Until Filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSC, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment(s) viewable to you will be the attachment(s) to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment(s) to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment(s) will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at [email protected].
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State College;
- Names and contact information of three references (you will be notified before references are contacted);
- Veteran Interview Consideration – (optional) – To receive interview consideration for veterans and veterans with a service-connected disability, proof is required at the time of application. Please attach proof electronically to your application under the Resume/CV section. (Examples of acceptable documents include DD-214, disability letter from Veteran’s Administration, etc)
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.