System Administration Office – South
Thank you for your interest in employment with Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE), System Administration and System Computing Services. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account.
Final applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact our Human Resources department at (775) 784-4901.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) invites applications and nominations for the position of NASA Program Coordinator. This is a grant-funded, renewable, full-time, non-tenured, administrative position and reports to the NASA Research Administrator. The position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The NSHE is comprised of eight institutions: two universities, a state college, four community colleges and a research institute. The public system of higher education in Nevada continues to experience growth with significant challenges and opportunities in serving over 100,000 students and 15,000 employees.
The responsibility of the Program Coordinator is to assist in the oversight, tracking and documentation of NASA EPSCoR and NASA Space Grant multiple grant awards and the sub-awarded projects funded through these cooperative agreements and grants.
STARTING SALARY: C (Starting salary range is approximately between $53,900 and $56,000 commensurate with education, experience, and training.) Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and retirement benefits.
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: June 1, 2023
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with two years of progressively responsible program experience directly applicable to the position is required. Excel experience that includes general budget information and spreadsheet management is also required. Experience with website content, social media, and design software is desirable. Experience with Workday a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Successful candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities. It is recommended that applicants for this position address each of the following items in the letter of application:
- Candidate must possess a strong customer service orientation in addition to a professional, assertive demeanor with highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills (event planning)
- Strong grammar and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail(s)
- General understanding of sponsored programs management
- Knowledge of sponsor guidelines for compliance
- General understanding of higher education structure
- Strong social media
- Strong web knowledge for driving content.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability in MS Office Word and Excel, and PowerPoint, to be proficient.
- Work autonomously.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- work directly with the research administrator, and project director to implement program goals;
- assist in gathering information, formatting grant applications and reports;
- assist in tracking the spend down of program budgets;
- assist in oversight and compliance of award reporting;
- assist in the verifying cost-sharing;
- becoming familiar with federal regulations, non-regulatory guidelines, and Office of Management and Budget requirements to ensure compliance (Uniform Guidance) and how they are applied to these programs;
- gather content for newsletters and highlights;
- gather content for social media;
- maintain content for websites;
- assist in organizing and coordinating with reviewer panels;
- draft independent contractor contracts;
- prepare received LOIs, pre-proposals, and full proposals for review;
- oversee and coordinate request for proposals (RFPs) statewide;
- assist faculty in project reporting requirements; maintain participant database;
- assist in organizing workshops and annual meetings when held;
- take minutes and compile remarks of various meeting; and
- Organizing and archiving all pertinent program files, e.g., solicitations, award/decline letters; compiled review scores and comments; award highlights and reports; policy and procedure documentation; and any pertinent budget information.
TO APPLY: The application process will be handled through the Workday on-line search process. Application materials must include a current resume, detailed cover letter, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of four professional references willing to be contacted. Applicants should fully describe qualifications and experience, since the initial review will serve to evaluate applicants based on documented, relevant qualifications and professional work experience. Applications will be considered incomplete without all requested materials. References will only be contacted for those who advance to the final phase of the search and with prior consent of the applicant. The review of materials will begin immediately. Materials should be addressed to Sherry Olson, Human Resources, and are to be submitted via on-line application at https://nshe.nevada.edu/leadership-policy/administration/human-resources/. For assistance with NSHE’s on-line applicant portal, contact Sherry Olson at (775) 784-4901.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS: Current employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSHE institutions. Once you log into Workday and type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate the specific job posting by typing the requisition number (e.g., R0000000) in the search box.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications may be submitted until the position is filled. The review of materials will begin immediately, however, for full consideration applications should be submitted by April 30, 2023.
For more information about the Nevada System of Higher Education, please visit our website at www.nevada.edu. The Nevada System of Higher Education hires only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. The NSHE is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Application materials must include a current resume, detailed cover letter, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of four professional references willing to be contacted.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements. Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents.