System Administration Office – South
Thank you for your interest in employment with Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE), System Administration and System Computing Services. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account.
Final applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact our Human Resources department at (775) 784-4901.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) invites applications and nominations for the position of NSF Program Coordinator. This is a grant-funded, renewable, full-time, non-tenured, administrative position and reports to the NSF Research Administrator. The position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The NSHE is comprised of eight institutions: two universities, a state college, four community colleges and a research institute. The public system of higher education in Nevada continues to experience growth with significant challenges and opportunities in serving over 105,000 students and 15,000 employees.
Job Description: The responsibility of the Program Coordinator is to provide administrative support to various SSPO/EPSCoR programs. The Program Coordinator assists Research Administrators (RA) with administrative tasks, program coordinator, and event coordination.
STARTING SALARY: Grade B (starting salary range approximately $53,000 – $61,000 depending on experience). A benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement.
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: March 15, 2024
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with one year of progressively responsible program experience (or) five years of progressive program experience may also meet the minimum requirements. Work experience that includes general budget management is also required. Work experience that includes responsibility for creating and communicating policy and business procedures is a plus. Work experience in creating metrics and timelines is desirable Experience with Workday a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Successful candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities. It is recommended that applicants for this position address each of the following items in the letter of application:
- Candidate must possess a strong customer service orientation in addition to a professional, assertive demeanor with highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills (event planning)
- Strong grammar and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail(s)
- General understanding of sponsored programs management
- Knowledge of sponsor guidelines for compliance
- General understanding of higher education structure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability in MS Office Word and Excel, and PowerPoint, to be proficient
- Work autonomously
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist Research Administrators with progress reports to include communication with various institutions and faculty, collecting demographic data, combining narrative in Word, combining numerical data in Excel, and uploading information into government reporting portals;
- Handle logistics for virtual meetings by creating online meeting reservations, sending invitations and reminders, collecting and loading presentation materials, and hosting meetings while taking minutes.
- Assist in maintenance of existing websites. Check links regularly to ensure they are working. Check accuracy of information posted quarterly;
- Assist with scholarship competitions and mentoring programs by developing information packets, communicating requirements to students, compiling data and results, and developing correspondence pieces;
- Assist with budget and account management including monthly reports for various programs, creating independent contractor paperwork, compiling information for purchase orders, and assisting accounting staff as needed;
- Provide administrative support for program staff including filing documents, creating files and binders, developing basic correspondence, and creating reports or presentation materials; and
- Assist with events to include locating venues, managing registration lists, ordering food and materials, creating name badges and other program materials, and assisting on-site.
TO APPLY: The application process will be handled through the Workday on-line search process. Application materials must include a current resume, detailed cover letter, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of four professional references willing to be contacted. Applicants should fully describe qualifications and experience, since the initial review will serve to evaluate applicants based on documented, relevant qualifications and professional work experience. Applications will be considered incomplete without all requested materials. References will only be contacted for those who advance to the final phase of the search and with prior consent of the applicant. The review of materials will begin immediately. Materials should be addressed to Sherry Olson, Human Resources, and are to be submitted via on-line application at https://nshe.nevada.edu/leadership-policy/administration/human-resources/. For assistance with NSHE’s on-line applicant portal, contact Sherry Olson at (775) 784-4901.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS: Current employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSHE institutions. Once you log into Workday and type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate the specific job posting by typing the requisition number (e.g. R0000000) in the search box
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications may be submitted until the position is filled. The review of materials will begin immediately, however, for full consideration applications should be submitted by February 28, 2024
For more information about the Nevada System of Higher Education, please visit our website at www.nevada.edu. The Nevada System of Higher Education hires only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. The NSHE is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Required Attachment(s): Application materials must include a current resume, detailed cover letter, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of four professional references willing to be contacted.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements. Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents.