Boston, MA Headquarters – (NB)
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating course design and developing compelling and effective assets and instructional materials. These may include presentations, guides, tools, handouts, job aides, videos, and more. This role will integrate learning solutions, user experience, and communication into all work that supports the Talent and HR strategy.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content for instructor –led, e-learning and blended learning courses. Ensure activities enhance retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
- Design exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc) that appeal to various types of learners
- Create assets and design tools for a variety of talent initiatives
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop measures or instruments
- Maintain project and course documentation
- Coordinate in-person courses (registrations, communication, set-up)
- Conduct New Hire Orientation on a regular basis
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or equivalent
- 3+ Years’ Experience in Learning & Development and/or education
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Advanced experience with course and asset authoring tools and LMS
- Experience with course design and editing (e.g., Storyline)
- Experience with website design and editing (e.g., SharePoint)
- Experience with video technology and editing (e.g., Camtasia)
- Solid knowledge of working with a Learning Management System; Workday experience preferred
- Ability to apply User Experience methodology to learning
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.