NYC – 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job Description :
Every day, the most powerful and influential people in the most powerful and influential city read the New York Post. From our digital network which reaches over 95m viewers per month to our daily print editions seven days a week, our iconic media brand is not slowing down.
The Post team: We are a proud, driven, diverse group of 600 employees who believe in breaking and telling stories like no one else can. By telling stories that hold truth to power, we push the envelope and continuously seek new ways to drive our business forward. Like the city in which we were founded- you won’t catch us sleeping.
The HR team: Mighty, nimble, and creative, we run at the same pace as our editorial and commercial colleagues. We are super excited to find a candidate who wants to make an impact and contribute to a team that supports one of the largest growing media spaces in the country.
Click on the below link to learn about The Post’s brands, reach, and vision:
The opportunity: Partnering with the VP of HR, you will contribute at both a hands-on and strategic level, cutting across all areas of HR. You will provide business and coaching partnerships while leading various initiatives across headcount management, compliance, employee relations, communication, culture, and more. A tenacity to find creative solutions is key!
- Act as a senior consultative partner to the editorial and commercial teams providing sound and consistent advice on HR policies & best practices.
- People manager for a HR Manager, Recruitment Leaders, and HR Administrator providing day-to-day management, guidance, support, and oversight of the day-to-day workload.
- Co-lead employee relations. From intake to investigation, advise on and help resolve workplace concerns.
- Co-facilitate the YE compensation process to include communication, reporting, data rollout, and collection of data.
- Identify opportunities to improve HR processes, drive business goals, and make recommendations to the business.
- Oversight responsibility for equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion recruitment programs.
- Collaborate with other News Corp People teams for joint initiatives (i.e., Employee Engagement, Talent Assessments, D&I); attend Global Community of Practice meetings. Consider the impact and opportunities for The Post.
- Partner directly with the VP on various executive-level programs.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices.
- Proven years of experience in employee relations.
- Self-directed and energic leader; a doer.
- High EI.
- Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of compensation and benefit plans.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent time management, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while wearing multiple hats. No job is too big or small.
- Can multitask with aplomb!
- Working and technical knowledge of Workday; proficiency in Excel and Google Suite.
- Proven experience working in media and/or a newsroom preferred.
Note: The New York Post adheres to a hybrid work model.
At The New York Post we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, our ranges reflect our good faith estimate to pay fairly as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to compensation, the company provides eligible employees a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Accordingly, offers extended for this role will include an annual bonus target typically expressed as a percentage of salary. Similarly to salary, set annual incentive bonus targets are based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice, experience, tenure, and essential skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.
Pay Range: $120,000 – $150,000