The Payroll Analyst will work with and support the Human Resources department and will be responsible for auditing data integrity between HRIS (human resource information system) and Payroll, resolving discrepancies, initiating and managing daily HR/Payroll integrations, and payroll reconciliations. This position will also serve as a backup for the payroll processing team. The successful candidate will have a customer service mindset and provide timely responses and resolutions to payroll service requests.
- Auditing data integrity between HRIS and Payroll.
- Troubleshooting payroll and system issues.
- Monitor payroll inbox/ticketing systems and respond in a timely manner.
- Oversee the accurate and timely preparation, input, analysis and processing of weekly, bi-weekly, and multi-state payroll data, as well as working with appropriate resources to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepare weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports as needed.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Actively communicate with HR and Administration teams to review cross-department impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Partner with Benefits to ensure accurate processing of benefits-related deduction and similar payroll-related transactions.
- Generate ad-hoc payroll reports for leadership team and Human Resources as needed.
- Compile information necessary for compliance, Worker’s Comp audits and other required audits.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- 2 years of multi-state, union payroll experience
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws at the federal, state and local levels.
- Above average Excel skills.
- The ability to write reports and extract payroll data from the payroll system.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to thrive, and work with others in a team-based, start-up environment.
- Consistently exhibit a sense of urgency in performing duties with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of accuracy, precision, discretion, and confidentiality with strong ethical values.
- High School Diploma
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- Workday experience
- Advance education