Mexico – Tecate
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide personalized, excellent support to internal customers (employees, managers, dependents etc) by answering their queries and processing their requests in a timely, professional and welcoming manner.
- Use a case management tool to enter, track and respond to all activities efficiently, and meet service levels set out in Service Level Agreements.
- Serves as the Workday (system of record) expert; maintain all employee data upload and maintenance, data accuracy, tracking and reporting
- Perform various HR tasks and answering inquiries as needed, including but not limited to:
- Employee data administration
- Coordination of incoming and outgoing employee administration
- Processing pre-employment activities and ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations
- Leave of Absence and Personal Time Off Administration
- Recruiting administration support; create requisitions, post internal/external Nordson Careers, social media/job boards, local community sites, etc.
- Employee requests for employment verification
- Responding to employee issues/inquiries on HR Policy and related topics; recruiting and onboarding, Leave of Absence, personal data change, Paid Time Off, etc.
- Training inquiries and tuition reimbursement processing
- General payroll inquiries
- Generation of HR related reports as necessary
- Partner with HR Coordinator/Tecate as vendor liaison with staffing agencies sourcing talent for all production (direct manufacturing) contingent worker hires including: contact with local staffing agencies, scheduling and participating in on-site interviews as required, host candidate review meetings with the interview panel for candidate selection, contact Compensation Specialist (COE) to determine salary offer, and relay salary offer to agency representative,
- Partner with the HR Coordinator/Tecate to conduct full life cycle recruitment for production (direct manufacturing, fulltime) positions including coordinating the posting, advertising, and screening of applications/resumes, schedule and attend candidate sourcing meetings to understand hiring needs, conduct pre-screening interviews as appropriate, scheduling and participating in on-site interviews as required, evaluate candidate’s job experience, education, skills, training, organizational fit, and future potential, host candidate review meetings with the interview panel for candidate selection, contact Compensation Specialist (COE) to determine salary offer, prepare and send offer letters and new hire folders, complete pre-employment testing (drug/background) and reference checks.
- Serve as resource for new hire orientations; conducted weekly for fulltime new hires and contingent workers. Conduct the Nordson Corporation new hire orientation
- Exercise professional judgement, operate independently and work remotely from the Americas HR Services Center located in Amherst, OH, USA. Assist in communicating HR Policies locally, ensuring consistency in policy communication and enforcement.
- Provide relevant support to managers , HR Coordinator, and Business HR in areas such as performance management, disciplinary investigations and procedures, and escalation of employee/labor relations issues including but not limited to investigations, complaints, concerns, etc.
- Support the exit process for employees leaving the organization (retirements, resignations, terminations).
- Ensure proper record keeping, and the confidentiality of cases and employee information as well as the integrity of HRIS data.
- Conduct data integrity audits of HRIS records, identify and correct data errors, conduct root-cause analysis, and resolve.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations
- Meet departmental metrics and performance scorecard requirements
- Proactively identify and recommend improvements on processes, procedures and system functionality as part of efforts on Continuous Improvement.
- Assist with enriching the knowledgebase by incorporating employee feedback, issues and FAQ
- Travel to other production facilities as needed. Travel to Nordson Headquarters/Amherst, OH for team meetings; one to two times per year.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by HR Services management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field of study, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in human resources
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in HR data administration (electronic systems).. Workday experience preferred.
- Knowledge of government regulations
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to exercise professional judgement, operate independently and work remotely
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Highly organized and strong detail orientation.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- Ablility to work independently and make appropriate hiring decisions without direct supervision
- Ability to work both as a team player and indepentaly
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities quickly.
- Outstanding customer focus including attributes of empathy, compassion and service orientation
- Passionate and high energy which can assist in selling future vision to customers
- Strong detail orientation, with focus on data quality
- Adaptability/flexibility which includes being open to change and conducting business differently
- Focused on continuous learning and developing new skills
- Excellent process orientation which focuses on efficiency without losing sight of customer experience
- Savvy with technology which includes use of web-based platforms, case management, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee may occasionally be required to traverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal checks, consistent with applicable laws.