Milwaukee, WI Corporate
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s The Role?
The HR Technology Lead plays an integral role connecting the Talent Acquisition COE with our HR Technology (Workday) team. This person is a relationship-builder who is deeply invested in the strategy and goals of the teams in their portfolios. A vital link between these two parties, the HR Technology Lead leads prioritization, requirements-gathering, change management, and the achievement of strategic HR objectives through technology and data.
As a project manager, the person in this role will coordinate cross-functional teams across both short- and long-term projects to optimize Workday configuration and empower HR with the tools and resources to both perform and transform.
As a consultant, the HR Technology Lead will review configuration and business processes to identify gaps and recommend solutions. This role uses business acuity, user experience data, customer feedback, and technical expertise to drive the optimized performance of Workday for Recruiting and Employee Experience.
How You’ll Do It:
- Successful prioritization of large-scale COE-Workday projects, both within the COE and across COEs, aligned to overall HR strategy. Effective prioritization of work on ad hoc requests, logged defects, needed reports, and security/access tickets.
- Optimize configuration and smooth operation of Workday within the Recruiting module. Expert analysis of configuration in comparison to desired functionality, with diagnosed gaps, roadblocks, and inefficiencies.
- Further relationships with key HR partners to understand strategic roadmaps as well as emergent needs; management of both expectations and work to deliver solutions on time and within resource constraints.
- Clear and detailed documentation of functional requirements, creation of project plans, management of testing plans, organizational change and socialization initiatives.
- An accountable and flexible project management approach that ensures the key issues of cost, time, scope and above all, client happiness, can be realized.
- Clarity on definition of success. Explains information and persuades others; effectively interacts, negotiates and influences project teams and business partners towards solutions and results.
- Partner alignment – Act as a liaison to facilitate an understanding and partnership between business clients. Lead the resources and vendors specified to their projects by verifying progress and removing obstacles.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in Workday Recruiting to provide expertise and context on functional standard methodologies
- Experience in Workday system configuration, at least at a Functional Admin level, in order to advise partners on Workday capabilities, limitations, and delivered functionality
- Ability to translate functional requirements to technical language and vice versa. Experience facilitating discussions to bring technical and functional groups to consensus and common understanding.
- Experience solving configuration and integration issues through root-cause analysis, deep understanding of cross-stream and down-stream impacts, and independent testing
- A need to get things done, a proven drive, ownership, and accountability; organization and project management skills
- Strong “storytelling” skills with ability to demonstrate, influence and negotiate.
- Resourcefulness and a knack for navigating challenges independently; the ability to handle conflict and difficult partners, strong prioritization skills, and excellent customer-service orientation
- On this team, we love all things insight, innovation, and partnership! We prioritize the user and customer experience. We use data to guide and advise our business decisions while remaining open to experimentation and iteration. Unsatisfied with what is, we are continuously questioning if something could be better, embracing diverse and entrepreneurial thought processes. We believe in encouraging a positive working environment of empowerment, inclusion, and engagement while coaching and mentoring new leaders within the organization.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.