Guelph , Ontario
Trouw Nutrition is hiring… we’re looking to add a Payroll Specialist to join our Payroll team in Puslinch, ON.
Are you ready to dive into the dynamic world of payroll with a touch of innovation and precision? We're on the lookout for a Payroll Specialist who isn't just about numbers, but about crafting seamless payroll experiences that leave everyone smiling. If you're a payroll aficionado with an eye for detail and a passion for compliance, we want you on our North American team!
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
- Understand, apply, and explain payroll policies, principles, legislation, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Process payroll according to organizational criteria, ensuring accurate manual payroll checks aligned with corporate procedures.
- Maintain payroll data integrity, including consistency with Workday records, encompassing salaries, remuneration, and employment dates.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure consistent definitions and accurate ledger allocation in M3 and related systems.
- Prepare and reconcile payroll deductions like union dues, charity contributions, statutory deductions, pension, and third-party deductions, along with government filings.
- Oversee, complete, and reconcile year-end tax summaries, timely filing of tax forms, health tax returns, and workers' compensation year-end returns.
- Handle documentation for Employment Insurance Commission, facilitating reduced employment insurance rate renewal.
- Conduct Pension & Insurable Earnings Reviews (PIER), aiding audits as needed.
Policy and Process Improvement
- Adhere to global Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for executing payroll processes.
- Serve as Company liaison with Government Tax bodies and necessary agencies for deduction and premium payments.
- Conduct various tests for payroll incidents or improvements, spanning earnings, tax deductions, benefits calculations, and comprehensive result reviews.
- Evaluate Workday integration and payroll procedures for potential enhancements to achieve best practices.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA
- College diploma in accounting, business administration, HR, or related field. Payroll certification in progress or achieved in local jurisdiction.
- 1-5 years relevant Payroll experience. Payroll Compliance Practitioner (CPA) certification advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skilled in relationship-building across internal and external networks.
- Thrives both collaboratively and autonomously, maintaining high productivity and operational excellence.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, detail-oriented, and decisive capabilities.
- Committed to transparent, efficient, and high-quality work.
Join Our Team Today!
If you are ready to take on a challenging role where your payroll compliance and process improvement skills will make a difference, we want to hear from you! Join a dynamic team dedicated to animal well-being and sustainable nutrition solutions.
WE TAKE GREAT CARE OF OUR TEAM through our commitment to continuous learning, supportive team and an attractive total compensation package that includes a bonus, competitive health, dental, vision package and retirement benefits!
We are committed to employment equity, and we encourage applications from qualified individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Our corporate values FEED your career: Passion | Inclusivity | Integrity | Trust | Curiosity. These values are engrained into our core and shape everything we do.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.