We’re looking for people who put their innovation work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Serve as the subject matter expert providing troubleshooting and other support for end users, escalate complex issues as needed
- Act as a lead for cross-functional projects through ongoing requirements gathering, design, test, deployment, and maintenance of Workday configuration for new functionality or enhancements.
- Effectively collaborate with other teams to resolve issues, including performing impact assessments on program logic issues, data discrepancies, and system design while proactively seeking feedback from appropriate parties on suggested solutions.
- Responsible for day-to-day system support with HR Business Partners and managers, troubleshooting, resolving complex issues and other projects or responsibilities as required.
- Develop and maintain system documentation including business processes and procedures.
- Suggest & drive new functionality & enhancements; Recommends best practices to ensure optimal use of Workday based on knowledge of nVent’ s processes and technology.
- Perform ongoing maintenance regarding tenant set-up, data updates (EIBs), business processes, and reporting
- Manage Workday major release impact on configurations and integrations identifying risks and opportunities for enhancements
- Conduct regular audits to ensure data integrity
- Complete system configuration requirements and documentation for requested enhancements and system changes including approved changes to business processes, organization changes, workflows, and security models
- Prepare test plans and scripts; executes test scripts; oversees and supports user acceptance testing and training
- Responds to questions and issues related to system functionality via phone, e-mail, ticketing system; research and reports system defects/bugs to vendor to ensure timely resolution.
- Independently manage projects and deliver timely, quality work while demonstrating effective work prioritization
- Troubleshoots HRIS issues and errors, quickly resolving them along with root causes by leveraging best practices and developing long term solutions
- Back-up for other HRIS Analysts
- Academic background:
- B.S/B.A. in Computer Science, Human Resources, or related field; or an equivalent in combined education and work experience
- Previous experience in or with:
- 3-4+ years HRIS experience and competence with HR systems
- 7 years working experience
- Experience in Workday configuration and support specifically in the functional areas of Compensation and Advanced Compensation required
- Workday integration skills preferred
- Proven expertise managing multiple projects concurrently, with various teams and functional groups
- Experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong technical aptitude/system skills; Possess high levels of critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Foundational project management skills including consultation, collaboration, project planning, analysis, and implementation skills
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.