Solon OH, US
We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Directly manage a team of 8 HR professionals across the campus as well as collaborate with 4 other HR team members who also help support the campus in the areas of training, communications and HRBP support for the functions.
- Lead the completion and quality delivery of Human Resources processes such as performance management, talent acquisition, rewards planning, employee relations, organization effectiveness, strategic workforce planning, career pathing, and leadership and management development.
- Provide direct support and partnership to the Manufacturing Operations Leadership team and campus support for the HR function.
- Drive employee engagement, our culture of Win Right nVent values, and inclusion and diversity across the campus.
- Ensure Supervisors and Operations Leaders are educated on HR policies and partner with Leadership to ensure standardized enforcement across the campus.
- Partner with the Enterprise HR COE’s: Payroll, HR Technology Team, and Compensation and Benefits functions to provide solutions.
- Serve as a trusted adviser and influencer to senior level managers.
- Develop strategy and lead change management communications aligned with manufacturing operations and HR priorities.
- Lead the design and implementation of best practices for leaders and managers to attract, develop, and retain the best talent.
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience with at least 5 years of HR management experience
- Manufacturing experience required
- Driving inclusion and diversity efforts
- Supporting employee engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Experience leading a manufacturing HR team and workforce and being a key leader on a manufacturing leadership team.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, One Note, PPT); Workday system helpful.
- Leads with neutrality to act as a sounding board for leadership and is able to pulse the culture and sentiment of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances; thrive in a constantly changing business environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Familiar with current Ohio labor laws, OSHA guidelines, etc.
Physical and environmental abilities
- Must be comfortable in a Manufacturing environment and wearing appropriate PPE.
- Be able to sit/stand for the majority of the day.
- Bend, squat down, and reach above your head.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.