AR Hot Springs
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas’ Employer of Choice.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Maintain 3 way matching process.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Must understand and apply company policies and procedures appropriately.
- Match invoices to checks and obtain signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Research and correct discrepancies.
- Resident expert on 1099 requirements.
- Scan accounts payable documents into storage system.
- Maintains an attitude & philosophy consistent with the company Core Values and Standards of Behavior with internal & external guests
- Perform daily & weekly payroll tasks and operations with accuracy and timeliness
- Understand and adhere to all Federal and State regulations and stay up-to-date with changes as they occur
- Process pay changes, corrections, garnishments and tax withholding as directed
- Process, transmit and verify ACH files for timely bank receipts
- Serving as a support department and offering that support in a professional, friendly and respectful manner
- Administers and manages the processing of personnel/payroll transactions.
- Assists staff with problems encountered and observes for accuracy and completeness of appropriate documentation/forms.
- Researches, organizes, documents and completes special projects assigned
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards of Oaklawn Jockey Club
- Works closely with the HR department with cross-department items such as PTO balances, other time off and wage attachments
- Assist with accounting duties
- Personal ongoing development
- Willingness to help in any area when needed
- Punctual attendance required
- Ability to work required overtime
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Payroll knowledge including systems, legislation and regulations
- Analytical and numerical/math skills and strengths
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Advanced computer literacy
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality, discreetness and tact at all times
- Ability to deal effectively and interact well with team members and guests
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with team members and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or in place of a degree, 4+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- 2+ years prior payroll experience
- Previous experience with Workday or similar systems is preferred
OAKLAWN RACING CASINO RESORT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
It is Oaklawn’s intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.