AR Hot Springs
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
We are currently seeking a talented individual to become the Payroll Manager. An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Payroll Manager will coordinate, direct and control bi-weekly payroll preparation, processing and distribution. This position will work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure that all employees will be paid accurately. Direct and clear communication will be necessary of this position as it will be required to interact weekly with department managers in order to verify that time reporting for all employees is completed in an accurate and timely manner. The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily oversight of the Payroll department. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Ensure payroll is processed and paid in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements
- Resolve any payroll errors
- Review weekly employee time reporting for completeness and accuracy
- Direct the preparation of payroll related documents
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Monitor the accurate processing of staff appointments, transfers, promotions and terminations
- Prepare and review payroll and benefits account reconciliations
- Review and improve payroll policies and procedures
- Oversee the maintenance and testing of the Workday payroll system
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll
- Manage and resolve issues relating to payroll production
- Supervise and coordinate activities of payroll staff
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of payroll related experience
- Managerial / Supervisory experience
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- in-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- managerial/supervisory experience
- knowledge of applicable local, state and federal rules and laws
- Proficiency in payroll software – Workday preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to communicate with internal and/or external guests
This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations
OAKLAWN HOT SPRINGS, ARKANSAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.