Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $189 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2023. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented, and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets, and listed equities. The firm has over 1200 employees and offices in 22 cities worldwide.
We are committed to cultivating an environment that is collaborative, curious, inclusive and honors diversity of thought. Providing training and career development opportunities and emphasizing strong support for our local communities through philanthropic initiatives are essential to our culture.
For additional information please visit our website at www.oaktreecapital.com.
The position is within the Expense Management & Analysis (EM&A) sub-department of the Fund Accounting & Operations department.
This resource will report to the Head of Allocation Operations, Expense Management & Analysis, who oversees teams including Expense Allocation Group, Accounts Receivable, and EM&A Audit & Risk Management. The ideal candidate will have accounting experience closely tied to finance operations. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and concisely in a complex, fast paced environment and be polished for regular presentations to senior leadership.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Serve as an accounting representative of Accounts Receivable and Expense Allocation Group
- Provide an accounting perspective to financial reporting and processes including:
- Quarterly fund receivable accruals
- Close-related activities
- Deliverables to Fund Accounting & Corporate Accounting
- Provide technical direction and leadership in collaboration with the EM&A Audit & Risk officer to ensure financial reporting is complete and in compliance with GAAP and SEC requirements
- Aid in pre-work necessary for implementation of Workday Financials and Planning including process improvement and providing the business requirements for reporting/databases
- Overseeing the calculation of interest and expense allocations to funds based on governing documents as determined by the EM&A Audit & Risk officer
- Oversee quarterly accrual calculation and benchmarking analysis for employee costs billed to funds through management fees or expenses
- Analyze, prepare, and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to leadership
- Coordinate with various departments on additional projects and tasks including:
- Fund refunds
- Expense allocation lookbacks
- Documentation of decision and project outcomes
- 9+ years of relevant accounting experience with a mix of Big Four public accounting and investment management industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis
- Clear communication skills and ability to summarize in clear & concise manner
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply accounting rules
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to establish a vision, set goals, execute strategies, and track/measure results
- Proven success in applying distribution analytics results to practical day-to-day business challenges
- Experience making sense of large volume of data
- CPA or CFA is a strongly desired
- Communication: strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration: experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic: focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization: adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Base Salary Range
$120,000 – $150,000
In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible to receive discretionary bonus incentives, a comprehensive benefits package and a flexible work arrangement. The base salary offered will be commensurate with experience and/or qualifications, industry knowledge and expertise, as well as prior training and education.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors. Staff members wishing to report violations or suspected violations of this policy should contact the head of their department or Human Resources.