Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $170 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2022. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets and listed equities. The firm has over 1050 employees and offices in 20 cities worldwide.
We are committed to cultivating an environment that is collaborative, curious, inclusive and honors diversity of thought. Providing training and career development opportunities and emphasizing strong support for our local communities through philanthropic initiatives are essential to our culture.
For additional information please visit our website at www.oaktreecapital.com.
Oaktree is seeking an Assistant Vice President to work in a unique rotational opportunity within the Finance Organization. Oaktree is embarking on the implementation of a new general ledger, consolidation, and financial planning tool and is seeking a change manager, who will be embedded within the Accounting and Finance teams as a transformational resource for the duration of the implementation and for a period following go-live. Following this rotation, the candidate will be part of a dedicated resource pool of employees who rotate across various Finance sub-departments over the course of two years. This rotational pool program was designed to promote a more flexible and well-rounded workforce while meeting the temporary resourcing needs of the business, housed within the Finance Organization. At the end of the two years, participants can choose to remain in the rotation program, or fill permanent needs within specific departments.
Responsibilities can include:
- Manage all aspects of the Corporate Accounting implementation project, working with the Senior Vice President – Head of Corporate Accounting
- Lead coordination with other Corporate Accounting and Corporate Finance team leaders (Operational Accounting, Consolidations, Reporting) and centralize documentation of team needs
- Performance and oversight of implementation readiness tasks, including (but not limited to) process documentation, chart of account rationalization, data transition, hierarchy design, inventory of close-related, management and internal reporting needs
- Coordinate and facilitate process redesign meetings, including identification of automation opportunities
- Coordinate performance of user acceptance testing and manage follow ups with broader stakeholder teams
- Serve as team representative in project meetings and lead coordination with other Oaktree stakeholder teams, including International Accounting, Tax, Treasury, IT/Platform Specialist and Project Management Office, as well as the external implementation partner and solution partners
- Ensure documentation of new processes and controls are completed and oversee coordination with SOX / internal controls procedures
- Manage post go-live period of hyper-care to ensure smooth transition
- Minimum 10 years of relevant accounting or audit experience within public accounting or a mix of public accounting and investment management industry experience;
- Understanding of Accounting and Operations business processes, and ability to initiate and lead process improvements and documentation of standard operating procedures;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting, operations, reconciliations, account analysis, and management reporting;
- Experience in project management, financial management and change management
- Experience in general ledger / financial systems implementations
- Experience with Workday Financials a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Work Ethic; strong attention to detail and focus on continual development, performance, and accountability.
- Organization; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Independence; experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times); a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems and provide solutions;
- Flexibility; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Communication; strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (and/or equivalent experience). CPA or MBA a plus.
Base Salary Range
$130,000-$175,000 + discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits package
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.