Are you looking to accelerate your career without having to hide your authentic self – a place where you can be you? A career that’s making a bigger impact on the world? At OneDigital, we are on a mission to help people do their best work and live their best lives. From the services we offer to the way we show up for each other each day, we are fueling dreams, achieving big goals, and embracing each other’s truest selves.
We understand that pursuing a new job is a big deal. Maybe you’re afraid you won’t fit in. Well, here’s the good news. For us, the days of “fit in to get in” are over and being different is not a barrier to getting ahead. Greatness comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, and experience levels. If you are looking for a people-first culture that is wired for growth, driven to serve, and totally committed to having your back, give us a shot. Your best life awaits.
Our Newest Opportunity:
This HR Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day administration of HR programs and policies for our headquarters and agency operations across the country. HR Generalists are responsible for planning, directing and delivering Corporate and customized HR services that support their regional objectives. In consult with the region’s Talent Partner, the Generalist works with key stakeholders and employees within their region to provide recommendations on strategic HR solutions to improve critical business outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provides guidance, interpretation and compliance of HR policies and procedures;
- Audits and recommends employee handbook policies and procedures;
- Understand and research nuances of state and local employment laws for assigned regions and markets;
- Serves as a trusted advocate, sounding board and liaison between the employees in their region and to ensure corporate services and best practices are aligned with regional needs;
- Effectively receives and resolves complex employee-related issues or grievances and applies proper interpretation and application of company policies and state/local employment laws; escalates to local leadership and VP of Human Resources when needed ;
- Reviews and analyzes employee trends and data (exit interviews, employee feedback) to identify any recurring people-related issues and provides recommendations to local leadership and regional team to address ;
- Serves as the initial point of contact for employees in their region on benefits-related questions; refer to Corporate Benefits team as required;
- Provides guidance to managers on HR and employment law best practices ;
- Extract HRIS and workforce data reports from Workday;
- Prepare reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, EEOC and other regulatory agencies;
- Participate in developing departmental objectives and team goals;
- Work with Talent Partners to ensure proper FLSA classification and compensation levels when evaluating job descriptions;
- Work in tandem with the Talent Partner on pre-termination discussions with managers and planning for employee exits;
- Provides HR representation during all termination meetings and assisting the exiting employee with their offboarding; including prepares paperwork, conduct employee termination meetings, and answer general HR and Benefits offboarding questions;
- Work with the Leave Concierge when an employee from your region needs to take a leave of absence;
- Serves as SME applicable to an area of Human Resources;
- Collaborate with the Payroll team to audit and ensure accurate employee compensation;
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to garner and foster trust and credibility
- Ability to build and maintain strong business partnerships
- Expert knowledge of all elements of HR principles, practices and employment laws
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Takes initiative and thinks outside the box
- Servant Leadership mentality
- Ability to relate to people of all levels and personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Federal and State Leave laws and regulations
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, required; preferably in Human Resource management or related field
- Minimum 3+ years’ Human Resources experience required
- Experience with Workday software system, highly preferred
- Professional HR designation (PHR or SHRM-CP), preferred
- Health/Life license not required.
- Salary: $75k-$80k
Thank you for your interest in joining the OneDigital team!