Are you looking to accelerate your career without having to hide your authentic self – a place where you can be you? A career that’s making a bigger impact on the world? At OneDigital, we are on a mission to help people do their best work and live their best lives. From the services we offer to the way we show up for each other each day, we are fueling dreams, achieving big goals, and embracing each other’s truest selves.
We understand that pursuing a new job is a big deal. Maybe you’re afraid you won’t fit in. Well, here’s the good news. For us, the days of “fit in to get in” are over and being different is not a barrier to getting ahead. Greatness comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, and experience levels. If you are looking for a people-first culture that is wired for growth, driven to serve, and totally committed to having your back, give us a shot. Your best life awaits.
Our Newest Opportunity:
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for managing various generalist HR responsibilities. They will work closely and collaboratively with the Human Resources Manager and functional business leaders throughout the organization, as well as the expanded Culture and Corporate Development team, to ensure best practices in human resource management are maintained.
The HR Generalist reports to the Human Resources Manager and is part of an HR team responsible for establishing and monitoring policies and procedures, managing employee records, administering benefits and compensation, and managing legal compliance.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assists in the develops and management of HR policies and procedures that are in line with the organization’s values and communicates these policies, rules and regulations to organization
- Maintains employee handbook and recommends changes or additions to ensure handbook reflects the culture and values of the organization
- Understands and researches nuances of state and local laws for all applicable markets; specifically California, Oregon, Arizona and Washington
- Assists in implementation and enforcement of confidentiality, conflict of interest, discrimination and other policies relevant to employee relations
- Works collaboratively with the TM team to ensure job descriptions are up to date and accurate, and ensures FLSA classification requirements are met
- Responsible for onboarding West coast new hires and office acquisitions;
- Assists with termination process and exiting of employees, including terminations of systems and access
- Maintains the Workday human resources information system (HRIS) that meets the organization's personnel information needs
- Continually monitors HRIS/payroll system data for accuracy as to compensation, deductions, employee data tracking, etc.
- Maintains responsibility for ensuring compliance with federal, state and local legislation (IRS, FMLA, HIPAA, ERISA, ADA, OSHA, FLSA, COBRA, etc.)
- Responsible for setting up all state SUI and DOR accounts when needed;
- Help prepare reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, state unemployment offices, insurance commissioners and other regulatory agencies;
- Ensures compliance with employee and confidential files, both hard copy and electronic files
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements:
- Ability to garner and foster trust and credibility
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of employee administration for multi-site company
- Proven knowledge of state and federal laws, California employment law experience is required
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Servant Leadership mentality
- Ability to relate to people of all levels and personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Ability to travel when needed
- Bachelor's degree, required; preferably in Human Resource or related field
- 3+ years’ of strategic Human Resources experience, preferred; 5+ years’ total experience required
- Prior benefits administration experience, preferred
- Experience with Workday HCM system, highly preferred
- Professional HR designation (PHR or SHRM-CP), preferred
Your base pay is dependent upon your skills, education, qualifications, professional experience, and location. In addition to base pay, some roles are eligible for variable compensation, commission, and/or annual bonus based on your individual performance and/or the company’s performance. We also offer eligible employees health, wellbeing, retirement, and other financial benefits, paid time off, overtime pay for non-exempt employees, and robust learning and development programs. You will receive reimbursement of job-related expenses per the company policy and may receive employee perks and discounts.
To learn more, visit: www.onedigital.com/careers
Thank you for your interest in joining the OneDigital team!