Organizations across the globe rely on OneSource Virtual for Workday services, support, optimization, and consulting. We create solutions built on the Workday application that empower customers to become strategic HR organizations, then scales with them as they grow. To date, OneSource Virtual offers HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, application optimization, and consulting services to 500+ customers that represent more than 35 percent of Workday’s customer base.
* This is a hybrid position
The Payment Specialist will be responsible for processing our customer’s tax and garnishment payments at various intervals depending on business requirements. Our Payment Specialist work with our customers in their Workday applications to meet their payment needs. Our business depends on providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced outsourcing platform. Our company relies on our values to provide a team-centered experience, which allows individuals who are productive, self-motivated learners to bring forth innovative ideas and grow with the organization.
- Responsible for processing daily tax payments including California and Federal wires
- Responsible for processing daily garnishment distributions payments
- Open tickets for daily payments to the Treasury department
- Mail paper returns and checks
- Research discrepancies from daily tax payments and positive pay
- Accurately research and process refunded, returned and/or stale dated checks
- Identify and communicate payment related issues and trends
- Pay and file all quarterly, monthly and annual returns
- Responsible for applying the Cash Collection function after quarter end
- Upload New York debit payments to agency
- Assist specialists with research for missing filings and payments
- Research and correct returned ACH payments and resubmit payments
- Responsible for the creation of payfile ids and W-2
- Review and process prior period adjustments (PPA)
- Monitor overall activities of the pay function, including all payment activities in collaboration with key stakeholders to drive quality improvement
- Providing timely and accurate information to customers by creating, reasearching, and resolving tickets, rejections, and inquires
- Ensure filing and mailing confirmations are updated in the system
- Ability to navigate within several systems to complete tasks
- Ability to respond quickly, independently, and make sound decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Sense of urgency
- Flexible in a changing environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 3-5 years of related Payroll and/or tax experience OR 3-5 years customer service / banking experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a high demand, fast paced outsourcing environment.
- Associates degree or higher (or 3-years’ experience equivalent)
- Experience in an outsourcing environment, payroll or tax preferred
- Multi-state jurisdiction knowledge and background
- Experience in helpdesk environment
You are encouraged to learn and share ideas when you join the OneSource Virtual team. We reward innovative thinking, fresh perspectives, creative collaboration, and hard work. As an organization experiencing routine strategic growth, we are always on the lookout for intelligent, talented, and forward-thinking professionals to join our team. OSV employees enjoy a values-based culture, upward mobility, and professional development with opportunities of all kinds.