Organizations across the globe rely on OneSource Virtual for Workday services, support, optimization, and consulting. We create solutions built on the Workday application that empower customers to become strategic HR organizations, then scales with them as they grow. To date, OneSource Virtual offers HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, application optimization, and consulting services to 500+ customers that represent more than 35 percent of Workday’s customer base.
ABOUT ONESOURCE VIRTUAL
OneSource Virtual (OSV) is the Workday partner that has helped more than 1,300 companies with everything from deployment to maintenance to payroll and more—all to make the day more doable. Founded in 2008, OSV pioneered Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and has become the leading provider of automated solutions for organizations of all sizes using Workday, delivering services with unparalleled choices, unwavering commitment, and uncompromising care. OneSource Virtual’s global headquarters is located in Dallas, Texas, with additional locations across North America and Europe. OneSource Virtual: let’s make the day more doable. Find your company’s solution at www.onesourcevirtual.com.
The Garnishment Specialist will process employee garnishments including child support, tax levies, student loans, bankruptcies, creditor garnishments, and lump sum payment orders. In this position you will act as liaison between the agencies and courts and any third party providers. Also, ensure the timely set-up of garnishment orders, notification to applicable parties (employees and/or agencies), and timely remittance of payment. Making sure to ensure resolution of exceptions to completion and reconciliation of daily interface files and weekly wire transfers. This is a fast-paced environment with emphasis on personal initiative; as well as an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
- Responsible for review and set-up for all garnishment orders including preparation of orders and correspondence for scanning.
- Maintain garnishment rules in payroll system including research and testing with Sr. Payroll
- Systems Support Specialist to determine proper withholding from employee wages according to state rules and garnishment type.
- Write, review and process reports to automate answer letters and interrogatory responses.
- Maintain garnishment screens by entering applicable start and stop dates for each order in a timely manner according to information contained within order and applicable deadlines.
- Answer and resolve payroll and garnishment questions to provide accurate information in a timely and concise manner to courts, agencies, and employees.
- Interact with various departments within and outside the company to answer questions and
- resolve issues (external contacts include check collection agencies, courts, lawyers)
- Process lump sum payments and interact with agencies to determine amount to be withheld for quarterly and annual bonus payments and all other lump sum payments.
- Work on special projects as assigned including account reconciliations, accruals and journal entries as well as cross train with other team members.
- Troubleshooting & Analysis Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Probing & Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Process Oriented
- Polished communicator with the ability to speak using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain procedures, and persuade others to accept or adapt to new processes
- Ability to maintain professionalism in the face of resistance from customers
- Team player
- Customer service driven
- Superior organizational skills
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- General knowledge of payroll functions and processing, including bookkeeping, payroll tax, fringe benefits and garnishments
- Proficient use of PC spreadsheet application
You are encouraged to learn and share ideas when you join the OneSource Virtual team. We reward innovative thinking, fresh perspectives, creative collaboration, and hard work. As an organization experiencing routine strategic growth, we are always on the lookout for intelligent, talented, and forward-thinking professionals to join our team. OSV employees enjoy a values-based culture, upward mobility, and professional development with opportunities of all kinds.