Organizations across the globe rely on OneSource Virtual for Workday services, support, optimization, and consulting. We create solutions built on the Workday application that empower customers to become strategic HR organizations, then scales with them as they grow. To date, OneSource Virtual offers HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, application optimization, and consulting services to 500+ customers that represent more than 35 percent of Workday’s customer base.
The Payroll Specialist II is a named resource responsible for providing Workday payroll process support to a book of clients contracted for Managed Payroll services. This position resides in a customer team environment and, in addition to supporting named customers will also support all customers across all service levels as the leaders and business deem necessary. In addition to day-to-day support, Basic Workday payroll configuration and year-end support is required.
- Act as named Specialist for Managed Payroll customers; and supports other OSV payroll customers as needed within the Services team
- Provide guidance and instruction in accordance with OneSource Virtual (OSV) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to OSV customers
- Follow daily standard operating procedures and processing checklists, proactively identify process improvements
- Manage and respond to cases daily to ensure service level agreements and high customer satisfaction levels are being met
- Maintain high customer engagement with monthly payroll review calls
- Respond to internal escalated cases from payroll team and other internal stakeholders
- Manage the timely resolution of customer issues and assist in Root Cause Analysis
- Actively participate in new customer transition introduction and go live meeting calls, as requested
- Assist with basic Workday configuration of pay components and deductions
- Support the year-end process for Managed Payroll customers with various payroll input and tasks as directed
- Maintain established accuracy and timeliness service level agreements
- Meet quality and production metrics and scorecards
- Research invoice and billing inquiries
- Generate on-demand payments as requested
- Maintain payroll services support documentation
- Work extensively with peers and customer support teams to collaboratively support customers and resolve requests
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative work environment
- Follow all security protocols to safeguard confidential, proprietary, and/or customer data.
- Coordinate P60 administration
- Mentor and train junior peers in both Payroll Technical and Workday processes and knowledge sharing
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on outstanding customer service
- Flexible in a changing environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and support multiple customers effectively
- Strong collaboration skills to support collective team goals
- Detail Oriented with good time management skills and accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical, data entry and research skills
- Takes direction to support workload with ability to meet tight deadlines and competing demands
- Use tact and discretion in dealing with customer information
- Excellent problem solving and mathematical skills
- Understanding of payroll processes and procedures
- Exercises a sense of urgency
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities. An important aspect of this role is supporting Payroll Administrators ensuring the completion of customer payrolls
Qualifications and Experience
- CIPP Certified Payroll Professional certification required (at time of hire or within 6 months)
- Associates degree or higher (or experience equivalent)
- 3 Years + payroll experience
- 3 years + of Customer Experience, or proven skills to operate at this experience level
- Experience with Payroll Data Entry and basic payroll configuration
- Experience with and understanding of Payroll legislation.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism when dealing with challenging customers
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Able to work independently in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build effective working relationships with team members from different functional areas
- Expert in MS Word & Excel.
Due to the nature of our business, the customer undertakings we provide, and the sensitive data we manage, we operate detailed background checks for all successful candidates which include a credit reference and basic criminal record check amongst educational and employment checks. Employment decisions will take account of all relevant information, including the background check outcome, in relation to each individual role.
You are encouraged to learn and share ideas when you join the OneSource Virtual team. We reward innovative thinking, fresh perspectives, creative collaboration, and hard work. As an organization experiencing routine strategic growth, we are always on the lookout for intelligent, talented, and forward-thinking professionals to join our team. OSV employees enjoy a values-based culture, upward mobility, and professional development with opportunities of all kinds.