99450 – HCP-CA-2175-Park Place 2175
The Human Capital department is seeking a HR Specialist to join their team to work onsite in an office setting in El Segundo, CA. 80% in office, 20% Working From Home.
This position is part of our Temporary Staff Unit- Long Term Assignment. A non-benefited role with potential professional growth opportunity in the future.
The HR Specialist functions as an integral member of the team and is responsible for a variety of functions including consulting as a resource for hiring/onboarding new employees, training, applying policies and procedures, and administering various human resources programs.
The HR Specialist is responsible for and not limited to:
- In collaboration with HC Business Partners, this position functions as first point of contact for teammate/manager inquiries and employee relations intake assessment.
- Consults and advises on a diverse range of topics, including leave of absence tools/processes, training/development resources, and offboarding.
- Provides guidance and expertise to business leadership, management staff, physicians and employees on employment practices, interpretation of legislation, laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to employment, employment records, investigations and finalization of allegations and complaints. Recommends appropriate and timely actions.
- Demonstrates and applies a basic understanding of leave of absence and ADA principles in consulting with managers and employees on related topics. Utilizes shared services experts and tools as appropriate.
- Ensures consistency of policy/program interpretation & implementation.
- Displays a curiosity and understanding of business structures, functions and priorities. Leverages data and reporting to build acumen.
- Attends continuing education programs as needed to maintain or gain knowledge in various areas of human resources.
- Performs administrative tasks such as file room maintenance, coordination of service awards, labor law poster compliance and sorting mail related to Human Capital.
- May be responsible for other HR related activities such as participating in functional committees (safety, etc.), planning events, training, etc.
- A high school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of relevant, transferable experience preferred.
- Certificate/License: HRCI Certification as PHR or SPHR, or SHRM Certification as SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a human resources office.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and large-scale HR information system. Experience with Workday is a plus!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to accurately and efficiently manipulate information using a large scale database system.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong phone presentation, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment to meet team goals and timelines.
- Capable of working independently as required.
- Good time management and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced work environment.
- Able to adapt appropriately to change and continuous innovation.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.