Portland | OLCC
Initial Posting Date:
Oregon Liquor & Cannabis Commission
$4,591 – $6,751
Senior Recruiter (Human Resource Analyst 2) Filling Two Positions
If you’re energized by an agency that gives back to its community and are an experienced HR Recruiter, then we want to hear from you. The Oregon Liquor & Cannabis Commission (OLCC) is growing and is looking to add two (2) enthusiastic and experienced Senior HR Recruiters to join our HR team. Not only is this is a fast-paced environment where no day is exactly like another, but we’re also an environment comprised of respect and fairness. We embrace and value diversity, connecting and belonging.
The salary listed is the non-Public Employee Retirement Systems (PERS) qualifying base salary range of the Human Resource Analyst 2 position ($4,591-$6,751). Starting salaries of candidates who are PERS qualifying will reflect the 6.95% increase upon hire.
Who are we?
The OLCC is responsible for regulating the sale and service of alcoholic beverages, the production and sale of recreational marijuana, the tracking of Oregon Health Authority medical marijuana, and the tracking of industrial hemp products sold in OLCC retail stores. The agency is comprised of three major operational programs; the Distilled Spirits Program, the Marijuana Program, and the Public Safety Program. All three programs are supported by the Administration, Financial Services, and Support Services divisions. Revenue generated from these programs helps support state and local government programs.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic this position will primarily work from home until State offices are reopened. Once offices reopen this position is expected to have flexibility with a hybrid of some in office and remote work. The tentative date to re-open offices is January 1, 2022.
What will you do?
You will be focused on working with and assisting the OLCC with expert-level recruiting. You will bring your strong organizational skills, experience with forecasting workforce needs, staffing strategies, problem solving, your ability to analyze jobs for selection criteria and hands on recruiting experience. You will be a key team player in delivering excellent customer service to our agency stakeholders and internal partners. You will also show us your ability to be flexible and adaptable to change while maintaining a professional and positive outlook.
By the way, did we mention that you will be joining an incredible HR team? The team includes newer and seasoned HR talent who enjoy the challenges this work brings.
What are some of the additional job duties?
- Workday updates
- Provide entry-level technical training, guidance and overview on recruiting
- Respond and provide HR related data, reports and analytics to the HR Director
- Represent the agency by attending and participating in statewide recruiter meetings
- Make suggestions and recommendation on streamlining and improving recruiting processes
What do you need to qualify?
A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior or Development, Business or Public Administration, the Applied Behavioral Sciences, Industrial Relations or a job-related course of study determined by the appointing authority; and two years of Human Resources professional-level experience related to the position;
Valid Certification as a Professional in Human Resources awarded by the Human Resources Certification Institute or the Society for Human Resource Management and three years Human Resources professional-level experience related to the position;
Five years Human Resources experience related to the position. Three of the five years must have been at the professional-level. A master’s degree in any of the above listed courses of study may substitute for one year of professional-level experience.
Valid Certification as a SHRM Certified Professional awarded by a nationally recognized organization, substitutes for six months of human resource professional-level experience.
- Experience with recruiting and selection
- Experience with analyzing jobs for selection criteria.
- Experience with forecasting workforce needs and staffing strategies
- Experience with Workday or similar HRIS
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and ability to easily problem solve
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-moving organization
Please Note: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the minimum qualifications and desired attributes listed above to determine who will be interviewed. Please make sure the minimum qualifications and attributes you possess are clearly demonstrated in your application materials.
Interested? We thought so!
Important Application Details:
Simply fill out the online application completely and submit a resume and cover letter that tells us about you and how your experience directly relates to joining our agency and HR team. Your cover letter should describe:
- Your experience with recruiting, candidate selection, workforce forecasting and staffing strategies.
- Your experience with working in a collaborative team environment and developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Your experience with problem solving.
- Your experience with Workday or similar HRIS.
How are candidates selected?
The selection process consists of a review of your application and an evaluation of your education, experience, training, and overall professionalism of your application materials. Candidates that follow the recruitment directions, submit a complete application, cover letter, and resume, and provide us with credentials that showcase their skills and how they meet the minimum qualifications and desired attributes will be invited to an interview. You should know that resumes will not replace the application work history experience. Also, please do not attach extra documents. We will only review documents that are requested. Because details are really important to us, your application material will be evaluated for grammar, spelling and punctuation.
How to apply:
- Internal Applicants: This includes Current State of Oregon employees. Please update your work history experience and submit a complete application with your cover letter and resume. View this job aid for help. Please apply using the Career Worklet through your personal Workday account
- External Applicants: Click on the “Apply” button, complete the Workday application, then attach and submit your cover letter and resume. View this video for help.
- In case you couldn’t tell, it’s really important to fill in the Workday application, attach your cover letter and attach a resume. If you encounter technical difficulties, let us know.
Also know that the State of Oregon is requiring all current executive branch employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the employee receives a medical or religious exception. Individuals who have started, but not completed, the vaccination process as of October 18, 2021, will be given a grace period until November 30, 2021 to fully complete the vaccination process, unless granted an exception for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief. For more information, visit the policy listed here.
Here’s some additional information:
- This position requires a background investigation which includes a computerized criminal history check and security clearance with fingerprinting to work in areas that handle confidential documents. Any history of criminal activity will be reviewed and could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or termination of employment as applicable.
- The person in this position may drive a State of Oregon vehicle. We require drivers to hold a current, valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record to drive.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who require VISA sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
- OLCC provides preference points to all eligible veterans. For more information, please go here: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/Veterans.aspx. If claiming veterans preference please be sure to check your Workday account for pending tasks or actions under your “My Applications” section.
Benefits of State employment:
- Low employee premium share for medical, dental, vision and basic employee life (1% or 5% employee share);
- Robust PERS retirement benefits;
- Student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs (PSLF);
- Optional benefits include optional life, short & long term disability, accidental death and dismemberment insurance plans, Oregon Savings Growth Plan (deferred compensation plan), flexible spending accounts, long term care insurance, employee assistance program, weight watchers and more!
If you have questions about the recruitment or need assistance, please contact our Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Ewa Vicars at [email protected]
THE OREGON LIQUOR & CANNABIS COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO WORK FORCE DIVERSITY