Purpose and Job Summary
ORIX USA is looking to hire a Benefits Analyst to join our Human Resources Team. The Benefits Analyst’s primary role is supporting the development, maintenance, and administration of the full range of ORIX’s Leaves of Absence programs. In addition, there will be a variety of assignments related to our Health and Welfare benefit offerings, particularly during our annual enrollment season.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- General day to day operations for all our absence management / LOA programs including FMLA and other leaves such as Parental Leave, Short Term Disability, Personal Leave, Non-FMLA Medical Leave, Military Leave and close contact with our third-party administrators, insurers, financial consultants, fulfillment vendor, and internal business partners.
- Reviews and reconciles file interfaces, prepares and documents payroll deductions, reporting and reconciliations; submits wire requests for approval.
- Ongoing direct contact and support with each employee who is out on Leave, using both formal, approved written communications and documented phone conversations.
- Maintains leave and benefit administration records for all benefits programs in the Workday HRIS system, reviewing eligibility Life Events
- Preparing for and responding to internal audit requests, participating in data review for our ACA compliance efforts
- Participates in design and testing of Health & Welfare Plans’ Annual Enrollment; administration of election activity during the enrollment
- Develops and coordinates benefit communication programs, including new teammates benefits information package
- Maintain accurate presentation of all absence management and LOA materials on our company intranet
- Will present some New Hire Orientation presentations
- Responding to employee questions and requests for assistance that arrive through our in-box with a high level of customer service
- Work professionally and harmoniously with team and coworkers
- Travel Requirements – Less than 5%
- Other benefits-related projects and duties as assigned
This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role will interact extensively with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- 4 years of experience in benefits plan administration, with at least two years of that experience related to Absence Management/Leave Administration
- Strong knowledge of FMLA and state disability and family leave laws.
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create complex spreadsheets to analyze and audit data (i.e. Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, nested IF formulas, ability to create graphs and charts, etc.)
- Ability to interpret HRIS/Payroll systems to apply multiple aspects of leave and benefit plan language including leave tracking, eligibility, enrollment, transactions, plan rules, reporting requirements, and audits – Strong preference given to demonstrated proficiency with Workday
- Strong knowledge of ERISA rules and regulations as they apply to benefit plans and the ability to apply that knowledge to plan administration and compliance support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments and transactions simultaneously
ORIX Corporation USA and its affiliates (“ORIX Group USA”) strive to achieve as safe an office environment as possible for employees. Accordingly, ORIX Group USA would like to see our vaccination rates against COVID-19 as close to 100% as possible. As of October 4, 2021, employees of any ORIX Group USA company are required to submit proof of vaccination in order to access any of the Company’s offices, unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption. In Texas, in accordance with state law, employees will not be compelled to be vaccinated if they object for any reason of personal conscience, based on a religious belief, or for medical reasons, including prior recovery from COVID-19. Should you receive an offer of employment, more information about how to submit proof of vaccination or an exemption request will be provided. Please note that for most roles, ORIX Group USA’s expectation is that the majority of employees will need to come into the office more often than not, and that some employees need to come in full-time. In other words, as a condition of employment, you should expect that if you accept a position at ORIX Group USA you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before your start date, or request and receive an approved exemption shortly thereafter.
ORIX USA is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.