US – VA, Chantilly
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Recruiting Director – Space & Geospatial Solutions
We won’t box you in with rigid rules
We foster an atmosphere where there are no hard and fast mandates. Instead, guidelines enable you to exercise personal judgment in unanticipated situations and guide your managerial team to do the same. This allows you to distinguish yourself by arriving at creative solutions to challenges. We encourage diversity, and greatly appreciate the perspectives and skills of every member of our staff. If you work best when given the latitude to achieve even better results, we’ve found each other.
When you’re happy at work, you want to spread the word to bring in other talented people. It’s also your nature to offer a friendly hand to people in the workplace, helping them get past a challenge or be more productive. You are a natural leader as well as a born recruiter and a team builder just by being yourself, and we want to help you build a terrific future with us. The Recruiting Director designs and manages the recruiting team supporting our Space & Geospatial market. The Recruiting Director is responsible for managing the prioritization of open requisitions and ensuring the team meets industry standard metrics for offer accepts, hires and time to fill. The role involves training the Recruiters and Sourcers on Parsons recruiting and offer process, employment procedures, total rewards packages, applicant tracking system and our background and drug screen process. It is critical that the Recruiting Director develop a strong partnership with the line leadership and become a trusted advisor. This role also must effectively partner with our Human Resources and Benefits Service Centers, HR Business Partners, and Workforce Planners. Building and maintaining professional relationships with these key staff is critical to the success of Parsons’ recruiting program.
The ideal location for this position Chantilly, VA.
Space & Geospatial Sector:
For 30 years, Parsons has tracked, analyzed, and dissected the evolving space environment from low to high Earth orbit. Through our artificial intelligence and machine learning technology, we’ve aggregated and collected geospatial intelligence, made it actionable and put it into the hands of the operations/analysts so they can make timely decisions. Our advanced IST hardware solutions include the PeARL™ family of sensors, combining industry-leading camera and optic lens technologies with PeARL™ Flash software solutions, yielding precise, very high resolution 2D and 3D aerial imagery.
The successful candidate will assist the Recruiters to build out a recruitment strategy to find and attract candidates from various recruiting sources and methods – associations, colleges, social media tools, networking, events, internet, or applicant tracking system database mining. You will become proficient in Parsons’ compensation guidelines and benefits associated with the recruiting assignments and as such, negotiation skills are highly desirable. Your thorough knowledge of employment and compensation rules and regulations will be key in guiding our recruiters. Our director will use their knowledge of internet search techniques, recruiting and sourcing tools, and mining resume databases, to ensure recruiters have the ability to use every tool in our inventory to source talent. In addition, you may be asked to provide market data or develop reports pertaining to a particular search or discipline. You will be proactive in controlling the flow of the recruiting lifecycle, monitoring the annual revenue potentially generated by new employees, the revenue lost by vacancies, the average duration of the recruiting lifecycle, and the overall quality of candidates, as these tasks and elements directly impact core recruiting matrices.
- Must have 12+ years of experience in recruiting. A background in human resources, compensation, benefits, or sales is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of managerial or supervisory experience with teams of at least 10 people
- Proven accountability for driving market revenue by setting and enforcing clear metrics for team
- Basic Human resources background and knowledge of employment, compensation rules and regulations
- Possess a strong network in the cyber and intel community with demonstrated social networking expertise
- Proficient with comprehensive search techniques including internet searching, use of AI tools, sophisticated research methodologies and CRM optimization
- Strong influencing and marketing skills
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite – with advanced Excel skills for reporting and data analysis
- Ability and willingness to learn and/or utilize Applicant Tracking Systems software. Experience with Workday is a plus
- Attention to detail and willingness to follow Parsons’ recruiting process and procedures
- A proactive approach to supporting Recruiters and Sourcers in identifying qualified candidates and completing assignments
- Understanding of compensation structure and ability to negotiate compensation packages within Parsons’ salary and benefit parameters
- Knowledge of background and drug screening
- Ethical conduct, professional demeanor, and customer service attitude
- A working knowledge of Agile and Lean concepts and management methods would be helpful.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.