Time & Payroll HRIS Analyst
PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE:PBF) is one of the largest independent refiners in North America, operating through its subsidiaries, oil refineries and related facilities. We are seeking a talented Time & Payroll HRIS Analyst to join our team as a pivotal member that would play a key role here at PBF Energy. This role would be located onsite at our Paulsboro, NJ location.
A member of the HRIS team coordinating system activities including activities related to time entry and payroll processing serving all employees within the US. This individual is responsible for supporting efficient systems operations to meet current and future business needs while supporting the HR team in providing high quality customer service to PBF employees and managers.
- Develop and test time entry and payroll configurations in the Workday HCM system. All configurations will provide HR and end users with optimized transactions and processes.
- Troubleshoot and execute ongoing system enhancement tasks, including configuration and testing of changes to the Workday system.
- Develop and update documentation and processes to ensure compliance with PBF policies and legislative requirements. Documentation will include systems development-related documentation and user guides, when needed.
- In the Workday system, this person will modify existing reports and create new custom reports to meet HR business needs.
- Responsible for coaching and advising HR resources for their ownership in time and payroll processing. Support HR in overseeing consistency in service delivery, drive standardization, and share best practices across the organization.
- Partner closely and develop strong relationships with HR and the Business to improve workflow efficiency and transactional experiences. Ascertain future needs and develop/communicate to HR and IT to support the business.
- Proactively recommends process improvements/solutions utilizing technology to solve business needs/problems while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of systems and capabilities with PBF internal customers.
- Work with HR business partners, schedulers and payroll partners to ensure new processes are fully/accurately developed and implemented as approved.
- Actively seek and respond to feedback from customers. Escalate issues and concerns to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Human Resources or related field or has experience supporting Time Tracking and/or Payroll for one or more business groups.
- Experience configuring and providing ongoing support for a company’s time and/or payroll systems and processes. Experience managing union time and pay rules being a plus (24×7 operations).
- Hands on experience with Workday Time Tracking and/or Payroll. Additional experience with the Workday HCM system (Benefits, Compensation, Performance, Security) being a plus.
- Business acumen and the ability to exercise proper judgment, such as maintaining confidentiality in all areas, is expected.
- Strong effective communication (written & verbal) for change management support, relationship building, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Self-management and self-learning, along with the ability to effectively influence the thinking and behaviors of others is expected.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, think tactically as well as strategically, demonstrate objectivity, be results oriented, show initiative and creativity and have a bias for action.
- Proficiency in understanding and application of HR-related corporate processes, laws and regulations.
- MS Office skills required – strong PC skills in Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. MS Access experience is a plus.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and effectively challenge the status quo.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENT
Please note – Relocation will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in PBF Energy, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of PBF via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of PBF. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PBF Energy Company as a result of the referral or through other means. PBF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.