*Staff positions are supportive roles providing support to our rehabilitation mission. Applicants for staff positions do not need to have a barrier to employment to be eligible for these roles.*
Peckham Inc. – Community Recruitment Specialist
The Community Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for recruiting and sourcing appropriate candidates and candidate channels for Peckham’s Contact Center Solutions business line. The Community Recruitment Specialist will act as a liaison for Peckham in initiating, developing, and maintaining relationships with community partners including, but not limited to, other vocational rehabilitation agencies and organizations that serve individuals with disabilities. This position will be tasked with networking, recruitment, job matching, and facilitating the hiring of individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment. The Community Recruitment Specialist will work closely with interdepartmental staff in posting positions, recruiting, scheduling interviews, moving candidates through assessments, background checks and other required pre-hire steps and has responsibility for managing the entire pre-hire candidate pipeline.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work collaboratively with line of business leaders to determine labor forecasting needs using a numbers based approach, and set realistic hiring goals.
- Lead recruitment and talent sourcing efforts for Team Member positions across Peckham’s business lines including Business Services, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Environmental Services. This includes networking, attending career fairs, working closely with Peckham’s public relations team to develop advertising spend plans, developing relationships with local vocational rehabilitation professionals and agencies, and contacting individuals about specific positions.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with referral sources and partnering community agencies and organizations.
- Analyze recruitment and retention data on an ongoing basis and work to improve pre-hire and onboarding processes. Collaborate with Eligibility staff, Vocational Services staff, Training staff and Operations on process improvements to benefit candidate flow and Team Member experience.
- Review team member applications, conduct pre-screening activities, and schedule interviews with individuals interested in employment.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work with applicants to determine their strengths, interests, functional limitations, and potential utilization of Assistive Technology and other job accommodations (support function).
- Connect with new hires to ensure a positive and meaningful start to their employment with Peckham.
- Work with Operations staff to post team member job openings at Peckham and community locations.
- Facilitate upward mobility hiring interviews.
- Foster public relations to enhance current and future community partnerships.
- Act as referral agent to community service agencies as appropriate
- Follow all Peckham policies and procedures for hiring
- Follow all legal requirements for job postings and hiring
- Promote Peckham’s vision, values, and services to all customers and stakeholders
- Assist in maintaining organization wide quality standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel) desired
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Other related duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years’ experience of recruiting or related experience
- or a combination of experience and education/training
- Experience building and maintaining community partnerships
- Ability to travel weekly to meet business needs.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 3 years of experience recruiting
- Experience working in the Human Services or Human Resources field
- Experience using Workday Recruiting functions
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
This position requires frequent (weekly) intrastate travel.
The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities on a case-by-case basis.
PECKHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. Peckham provides equal opportunities and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR APPLYING NOTICE
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of your application please:
- Click HERE and you will be directed to the ILRU Directory to find an agency in your area that can assist you
- Click HERE and you will be directed to the American Jobs Center (AJC) finder to locate a center near you
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at (517) 316-4000
- Visit us at: 3510 Capital City BLVD, Lansing, MI 48906 (M-F 8am – 4pm)
Examples of reasonable accommodations may include making a change to the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.