If you’re looking for a company that’s ambitious in its thinking, has a thirst for learning and a drive to improve and innovate… you’ve come to the right place.
We want people who share our enthusiasm for curiosity and diversity of thought to join us on our journey. People who are passionate about what they do and will help build our company’s great future. In return, we’ll provide challenging work, professional development and competitive compensation.
PETRONAS Canada is currently looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our team for a one year term. Reporting to the Manager, HR Business Partners & Advisory Services, the successful candidate will offer HR support to both corporate and technical business units through the talent acquisition process and work alongside a Sr. HR Business Partner to provide client advisory support. The ideal candidate will have experience with the full recruitment cycle and offering day-to-day HR support to a dedicated client group.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Own the talent acquisition process and activities for recruitment within the client groups which includes: creating job postings, interview guides, attending interviews and helping leaders make sound hiring decisions
- Provide guidance to assigned client groups on all aspects of HR management, policy and practice to support the delivery of client business goals and priorities
- Manage multiple projects and simultaneous deadlines while effectively collaborating with other HR delivery areas and the client groups
- Play a key role in attraction, retention and engagement by supporting the business in managing and understanding key employee drivers and concerns
- Supporting HR key initiatives, communicating clearly and effectively and encouraging collaboration
- Help facilitate annual program activities within client groups (compensation, performance management, succession planning, etc) to ensure programs are executed in a comprehensive and timely manner
- Participate in the development of Human Resources metrics, dashboards and reports to support business needs
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- 5+ years’ of experience in Human Resources role with a focus on recruitment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent is preferred
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of applicable human resource legislation, policies and practices (i.e. Employment Standards Code, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Human Rights Legislation) for Alberta and British Columbia
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Highly functional in Microsoft Office suite of programs, as well as experience with Workday or other HRIS systems
- Highly motivated, energetic and goal-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative team environment
- Able to adapt to changing environments and various management styles
Job postings are typically only open for applications for two weeks so please submit your resume today.
Why choose PETRONAS Canada? For permanent employees we offer:
- Competitive compensation and bonus programs
- Comprehensive benefits package, including a Health Spending Account
- Generous employer-matched savings plan
- Flexible work schedules for office employees, with the option of Friday afternoons off
- Vacation, flex, and designated office closure days
- Commitment to volunteerism in the communities in which we operate
- Annual company charity donation
- Support for training and professional development, including reimbursement of professional association dues