We are PETRONAS Canada, one of the largest natural gas resource owners in Canada. As part of PETRONAS, a Fortune 500® company, we produce and deliver energy solutions in a responsible and sustainable manner. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, partnerships with First Nations and our respect for the environment.
People are fundamental to our success. We foster a culture that depends on trust, honesty and empowerment. Because of this, our people are able to collaborate, innovate, find opportunities and make them happen.
With our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for new team members who are up to the challenge of making PETRONAS Canada a global leader of unconventional energy, all while making an impact in the industry and communities in which we work.
In this rare and exciting opportunity to join our dynamic HR team in Calgary, you will play a key role in optimizing and advancing our HRIS function to new heights. Reporting to the Manager of HR Operations, you will lead optimization activities and implement improvements to our HRIS system. You will be accountable for managing data, preparing reports, developing and improving processes, and maintaining our Workday system to ensure its functionality and efficiency.
As the go-to person for explaining requirements, answering questions, and resolving issues, you must have an exceptional eye for detail while also being able to grasp the bigger picture. This challenging yet rewarding role requires an individual with a passion for HR and a desire to drive the organization forward.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Manage the data collection, maintenance, security and integrity of the Workday system to ensure HR information is always accurate and up-to-date
- Liaise between multiple stakeholders to identify, analyze, and validate functional business requirements, translating them into effective technical solutions
- Work closely with the HRIS team to drive the development and maintenance of our annual Workday roadmap. Continuously identify and implement innovative new functionality to optimize our HR processes and capabilities, while fostering a culture of growth and learning within the team
- Collaborate with our Digital and Technology Services team to ensure seamless integration with our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform, providing valuable guidance to support end-to-end integration
- Collaborate with HR teams to transform, develop and maintain Workday HCM. Lead implementation efforts, provide training to our HR staff on new functionality, and hold accountability for system configuration changes and new release updates
- Proactively create and maintain dashboards and analytics reporting
- Stay up-to-date on Workday trends, issues, and best practices. Present new developments to HR and user groups to continuously drive improvement
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an HR Systems Specialist/Analyst, with at least 5 years of hands-on experience working with Workday
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Systems, Business Administration or Human Resources, or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of core HR processes including Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Performance Management, Onboarding and Offboarding, Recruitment, and Time and Absence Management
- Experience in investigating, analyzing, testing and implementing system applications
- Demonstrated competency in statistical analysis, problem-solving, process improvement and workflow analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint) with advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and needs for technology utilization, as well as proficiency in training HR functional users with the system and related products
- Possess a positive and collaborative attitude, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently and professionally communicate sensitive information to multiple stakeholders across the organization
Job postings are typically only open for applications for two weeks so please submit your resume today.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
Flexible arrangement options including working from home and a compressed work week with Friday afternoons off (office-based roles)
Dress for your day – a casual yet professional environment
Ability to contribute to a dynamic organization with large growth ambitions
Competitive compensation and bonus programs
Top tier benefit package, including a generous Health Spending Account and Savings Plan
Making a positive difference in our communities through volunteerism, community support and providing opportunities to those in the areas where we operate
Annual employee-directed charity donation program
Support for training and professional development