India – Chennai
India – Mumbai
India – Bangalore
India – Remote
India – Ahmedabad
Why Patients Need You
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and faster, you will be making a difference to countless lives.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The Enterprise Data Solutions and Engineering (EDSE), a Pfizer Digital organization, is responsible for the development and management of all data and analytics tools and platforms across the enterprise – from global research and development, to manufacturing, to commercial, to patient care across over 100+ countries. One of the team’s top priorities is the advancement of AI/ML enabled analytics and the creation of data solutions that can be leveraged across the enterprise.
As a member of EDSE’s Global Business Services & Enabling Functions Data Solutions & Engineering team, you will help to realize Pfizer Digital strategy on the cloud by designing and deploying analytic solutions, lead high performing teams, and building lasting relationships with our business colleagues. This digital program will produce the data foundation that drives business insights through data science and enterprise BI reporting solutions. This role requires you to provide solution development and operations support for our HR & Corporate Functions Domains (Human Resources, Learning & Development, Legal, Corporate Affairs, and Compliance etc.). It will require you to build, enhance and maintain ETL, data pipelines, and business intelligence solutions and provide operations support for our HR data and analytics solutions while leveraging our Data Hub, Snowflake, Data Visualization products such as Tableau, and boutique SaaS based People Analytics solutions such as Visier. You will utilize your data analytics and domain experience in the Human Resources field to create innovative data and analytics products that will help our Human Resources and business teams achieve their mission – Unleash the power of our people.
The Manager – HR & Corporate Functions Data & Analytics Engineering will be responsible for all aspects of the data and analytic platforms supporting the People data and HR Analytics. You will help in the pursuit of the Pfizer Digital strategy on the cloud by designing and developing data products. These products are the data foundation that enables business insights through data science and enterprise solutions. You will be very well versed in many toolsets such as People Analytics solutions such as Visier and OneModel, SnowFlake, IICS, Informatica Power Center, Business Objects, Unix, Python, Oracle RDBMS, Angular, Agile Methodology, Dataiku, Tableau. You will also assist in the enrichment of several existing data pipelines that are built upon the current on-premise HR data hub, upcoming cloud-based People Experience, and Corporate Functions Data Lake, to develop value-added data products that span various People Experience (HR) and Corporate Functions business units.
As the Manager – HR & Corporate Functions Data & Analytics Engineering, you will be hands on and have abilities to lead a group of vendors resources, partner with Digital Colleagues, Enterprise Architecture, and Business Unit stakeholders to develop and sustain the HR & Corporate Functions data strategy and target data architecture. Data engineers also partner with solution development teams to ensure use case delivery goals are met while developing and adhering to data architecture principles, guidelines, and standards.
Generally, the colleague will also have the responsibility to assist in the architect, design and build data models, pipelines and products across various domains to power ML ops platforms, data driven applications and software and enable business intelligence solutions. This role will work with the business unit and digital leadership to understand the growing business needs and strategies where the application of AI and ML can yield new products and services and enhance existing processes.
You will also embody Pfizer’s OWNIT! Culture values. We seize opportunities to think differently, to take risks and be accountable, and to try something new. This means Pfizer values change-oriented behavior, exemplified through an entrepreneurial, confident, and proactive attitude. Pfizer also values tolerance for taking thoughtful risks to achieve greater success. We advocate and drive long-term, aligned strategies that advance our mission and shape our industry. We confront corrosive, self-serving, and mean-spirited behaviors; it’s everyone’s responsibility. We deliver on commitments with speed, decisiveness, and integrity. We invest in candid and constructive debate to ensure each other’s success using straight talk.
Reporting to the Director of HR Solution Engineering, and as the HR & Corporate Functions Data & Analytics Engineer you will be responsible for data modeling, building/enhancing data interfaces, and engineering visualizations with the advanced data platforms team to drive digital outcomes.
1. Maintain and enhance the design of the existing on-premise and cloud-based HR & Corporate Functions Data Lakes, Informatica power center data flows, Oracle RDBMS programming, SnowFlake ELT programming, Unix shell scripts, Business Objects reports, Tableau Visualizations, and People Analytics visualizations
2. Manage a team of vendor developers that will deliver technical enhancements within the HR & Corporate Functions Domains (HR, Learning, Legal, Compliance, and Corporate Affairs).
3. Design automated solutions for building, testing, monitoring, and deploying ETL and ELT solutions.
4. Analyze existing and new data sources and new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
5. Coordinate with source systems engineering teams to analyze data to improve efficiency, performance as well maintain elevated levels of data quality and data consistency.
6. Perform root cause analysis and resolve Level 3 production and data issues
7. Create and validate test plans, test scripts and perform data validation
8. Tune SQL queries, reports and ETL pipelines
9. Build and maintain data dictionary and process documentation
10. Present solutions to leadership, management, architects, and developers.
11. Lead cloud data engineering staff, and partner with project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
12. Provide hands-on technical and thought leadership across development, product management, operations, and engineering management through effective communication. Actively develop mentoring relationships within or across teams to help others further their careers
13. Applies analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale platforms, infrastructure, and organizations.
14. Work with Analytics enablement teams to enhance and deploy new analytics capabilities in support of the broader mission to democratize data and analytics assets within the HR & Corporate Functions domains
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Experience in the Human Resources field with a specific focus on People Data & People Data Engineering, Human Resources Reporting, and Workforce Analytics is required.
- Strong Experience in traditional and modern data engineering such as Informatica Power Center, IICS, SnowFlake, Oracle RDBMS programming, Unix shell scripting, Python, etc is required
- 5+ years of experience in Data warehousing, data modeling, and data transformation is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer / 3+ years of experience as a Data Architect is required.
- Experienced with data preparation and ETL: Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Dataiku etc is required.
- Deep understanding of Cloud data warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Redshift, Spark, etc) is required.
- 5+ years of experience designing complex, integrated and interdependent data models for analytic, Machine learning use cases.
- Deep understanding and experience of AWS Cloud stack and (EC2, S3, Glue, Data Pipeline, Redshift) or Google Cloud Platform is required.
- Demonstrated project management experience in owning and managing a significant organizational or data engineering and analytics project budget focusing on data engineering ($200K to $1MM annually)
- People Analytics experience using SaaS tools such as Visier, One Model, Perceptyx, Workday Prism Analytics, Workday People Analytics, SAP Success Factors Workforce Analytics is a big plus. Familiarity with cloud/SaaS-based Human Capital Management (HCM) systems such as Workday is a big plus.
- Experience with Global HR data integration and prior experience with Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures is a plus.
- Familiarity with EU Global Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR) and other related international regulations is nice to have. Prior experience with data architecture designs and data engineering development related to the GDPR and data privacy guiding principles such as data minimization, right to be forgotten, etc is nice to have.
- Experience in developing and deploying data and analytics services such as recommendation engines
- Experience with Global HR data integration and prior experience with Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures is a plus.
- Experience with Software engineering best practices, including but not limited to version control (Git/GitHub, TFS, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.), automated unit testing, Dev Ops is highly beneficial but not required.
- Full stack development using infrastructure cloud services focused on data engineering and big data analytics (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc) is a plus and Open-Source data technologies are highly beneficial but not required.
- Experience with sourcing and modeling data from application APIs and publishing data and analytics services via APIs / Data Services is highly beneficial but not required
- Experience deploying through an agile methodology and working in a SCRUM or SAFe team is highly beneficial but not required.
- Architected end-to-end data pipelines with a major cloud stack is a plus
- Experience with Semantic technologies and approaches is a plus.
- Cloud computing, machine learning, text analysis, NLP & Web development experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Graph Databases (Neo4j, Titan, etc.) and query syntax is a plus
- Extensive computer use, ability to work at a rapid pace, in a virtual environment.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Some travel will be required as part of this role. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
- This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives… At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Information & Business Tech