Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs serve to bring internal professional services such as Finance, HR, Digital, and Sourcing together into a consolidated and simplified shared services structure. Colleagues in the Enabling Functions Hubs execute end-to-end operational activities that can be standardized and scaled for greater enterprise synergies and effectiveness. The work managed from these hubs will evolve and expand over time as Enabling Functions continue to evaluate their go-forward delivery model. With an established community and evolving support model, Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs are dynamic and energizing places to work. Colleagues with diverse capabilities across multiple functions are co-located to facilitate greater colleague collaboration, new ways of working, and enhanced simplification through more integrated end-to-end solutions. Pfizer operates Enabling Functions Hubs in six strategic locations: Memphis, Tennessee, USA; Tampa, Florida, USA; San Jose, Costa Rica; Dublin, Ireland; Thessaloniki, Greece; and Dalian, China.
The Sr. Associate – Payroll is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of all payroll activities and operations for assigned countries and payroll cycles/populations. This includes processing, validation, balancing, audit compliance, exceptions, repayments, off-cycle, post-payroll and annual processes.
- Manage activities associated with regular execution of assigned payrolls, including collection and validation of inputs and error resolution. Communicate payroll kick off and approval processing milestones. Validate and balance payroll, process changes to correct errors or provide updates.
- Provide required funding forecasts, bank files and GL files to Treasury and Finance.
- Distribute required reports to stakeholders during and post-payroll.
- Manage and process more complex payroll changes, including sales bonuses, STD, return to work, LOA, military leave, severance and employee death.
- Process off-cycle payroll requests. Develop, administer and update off-cycle payroll process/practice documentation.
- Responsible for overall collection of payroll claims / overpayments / repayments working with HR, Legal and Payroll teams.
- Responsible for developing and publishing annual payroll calendar, including cut-off dates and other key dates to all stakeholders.
- Participate as primary payroll operations lead in Payroll Year End process.
- Ensure all necessary audit processes are implemented and followed in order to assure Sarbanes-Oxley, external and internal audit compliance. Responds to audit inquiries as needed. Records pertinent RCM and validation activities in corporate systems.
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives for payroll processes. Trouble shoots more complex payroll issues.
- Work with vendor, Digital, Finance and other teams as needed to ensure technology, integrations, GL interfaces and other system components are functional.
- Respond to Tier 3 colleague inquiries as referred by the HR Service Center.
- Serve as back-up for other team members as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field required
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll, accounting or human resources with demonstrated increase in responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Fluency in German language is required
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or other common HCM, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives… At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.