Greece – Thessaloniki Pylaia
The Payroll Team Lead, leads payroll operations for assigned country/cluster in Regional Shared Service Payroll Hub. Develops procedures and supervises the preparation, documentation and disbursement of colleague payroll payments and payroll taxes. Prepares and consolidates reports for stakeholders, analyzes and addresses audit findings, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and colleague payroll issues. Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable government regulations. Works with vendors and Payroll Vendor Governance team to ensure SLA’s and quality metrics are met.
- Oversea the country/cluster payroll processing workstream and team member(s).
- Manage day to day operational activities and deliverables
- May be responsible for regular execution or back-up of an assigned payroll depending on the requirements of the cluster. This includes collection and validation of inputs and error resolution, communication of payroll kick off and approval processing milestones, validation and balancing payroll, and processing changes to correct errors or provide updates.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for payroll processing, when needed.
- Ensure the regional payroll processing workstream follows company policies, regional regulatory requirements, and the global payroll strategy.
- Review and certify payroll signoffs as required.
- Work with the payroll vendors to ensure pay disbursements, tax deposits, and tax filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Gather payroll processing feedback and provide information and insight to Payroll Vendor Management.
- Assess technology requirements and changes and ensure that systematic updates are completed by the vendor in a timely and complete manner.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and updates for the cluster are performed and completed as required.
- Identify opportunities for and implement continuous improvement and transformational projects.
- Promote Pfizer purpose, values and goals with proactive team management, and ensure strong team engagement, as measured by Pulse surveys and PLI evaluations and goal achievement.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- This position will support the following markets: Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field required
- 7+ years experience in payroll, accounting or human resources
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Fluency in German Language
- Master’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Experience in management of a team preferred
- Experience with Workday, ADP, Core HR, SAP, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred
- May need to work non-standard hours depending on countries / payroll cycles assigned and payroll processing schedule
- Some limited travelling maybe also requested
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives… At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Finance & Accounting