China – Liaoning – Dalian
The Sr. Manager, Payroll is responsible for leading and driving end-to-end Payroll processes strategy, innovation and measurement for their assigned cluster. The role is responsible for delivering best-in-class payroll operations by providing functional expertise and operational leadership for the cluster payroll team at the site. The Sr. Manager is also accountable for advancing standardization, optimization and governance in collaboration with the Regional Payroll and GBS Transformation teams. The Sr. Manager will establish and lead a team of qualified and diverse payroll professionals who will be responsible for execution of payrolls for assigned markets according to established SLAs / KPIs / Metrics.
- Serve as the Payroll Cluster Lead for payroll colleagues and primary point of contact for Payroll process matters in the cluster.
- Oversee cluster Payroll Operations team in Dalian hub, including colleague recruitment, onboarding, training and development, performance management and team quality, according to Pfizer’s Purpose and Values.
- Create a culture focused on continuous improvement, automation, compliance, vendor accountability and quality, focused on measurable outcomes and improvement
- Responsible for execution of global payroll optimization and standardization initiatives, contributing to overall payroll process innovation across all regions.
- Accountable for compliance, controls and audits for cluster markets, ensuring that Global Controls and SOPs are followed and regional / country work instructions are maintained, updated as needed and followed. Accountable for all payroll-related SOX compliance, including internally and from vendors.
- Responsible for relationship management with key stakeholders in HR, HR Operations, PBG, PGS, Digital, Tax, Audit/Compliance, Finance and Treasury, identifying areas for process and service delivery improvements.
- Represent cluster in Regional Payroll Process leadership team to ensure alignment of priorities, projects and operations.
- Participate in regional benchmarking and external / regulatory monitoring in support of global initiatives.
- Accountable for colleague engagement and development in support of Global Business Services objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field required
- More than 8 years experience in payroll, accounting or human resources, including management of a team
- Demonstrated experience in leading a high-performing team in a matrixed, regional / global environment; ability to work with and engage key internal and external stakeholders, engage team members and senior leadership, and manage third-party providers
- Strong coaching and colleague development experience
- Ability to resolve escalated issues and problems quickly and independently with both internal and external stakeholders, and third-party vendors
- Track record of results in a complex global environment with delivery of impactful continuous improvement projects, process optimization and new market/vendor payroll implementations
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing, regulations, compliance and audit
- Master’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Experience with Workday, ADP, and other common outsourced payroll / time & attendance products
- Experience managing a team in a regional / clustered payroll service center
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a global work environment which may require conference calls and work outside of local working hours
- Travel, including international travel, up to 10%
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.