United States – Florida – Tampa
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
The Senior Payroll Associate is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of all payroll activities and operations for assigned countries and payroll cycles/populations. This includes processing, validation, balancing, audit compliance, exceptions, repayments, off-cycle, post-payroll and annual processes.
- Manage activities associated with regular execution of assigned payrolls, including collection and validation of inputs and error resolution. Communicate payroll kick off and approval processing milestones. Validate and balance payroll, process changes to correct errors or provide updates
- Provide required funding forecasts, bank files and GL files to Treasury and Finance
- Distribute required reports to stakeholders during and post-payroll
- Manage and process more complex payroll changes, including sales bonuses, STD, return to work, LOA, military leave, severance and employee death
- Process off-cycle payroll requests. Develop, administer and update off-cycle payroll process/practice documentation
- Responsible for overall collection of payroll claims / overpayments / repayments working with HR, Legal and Payroll teams
- Responsible for developing and publishing annual payroll calendar, including cut-off dates and other key dates to all stakeholders
- Participate as primary payroll operations lead in Payroll Year End process
- Ensure all necessary audit processes are implemented and followed in order to assure Sarbanes-Oxley, external and internal audit compliance. Responds to audit inquiries as needed. Records pertinent RCM and validation activities in corporate systems
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives for payroll processes. Trouble shoots more complex payroll issues
- Work with vendor, Digital, Finance and other teams as needed to ensure technology, integrations, GL interfaces and other system components are functional
- Respond to Tier 3 colleague inquiries as referred by the HR Service Center
- Serve as back-up for other team members as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll, accounting, or human resources with demonstrated increase in responsibilities
- Strong Excel Skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot – preferred)
- Indepth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- US multi-state tax and compliance experience
- Advanced degree and 4 years of experience
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or other common HCM, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred
Other Job Details:
- Must be able to work in Pfizer Tampa office 2-3 days in person on premise, or as needed by the business
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.