China – Liaoning – Dalian
The Sr. Associate – Payroll is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of all payroll activities and operations for assigned countries and payroll cycles/populations. This includes processing, validation, balancing, audit compliance, exceptions, repayments, off-cycle, post-payroll and annual processes. The Sr. Associate typically manages larger and more complex markets, including those with Time & Attendance systems and inputs.
- Manage activities associated with regular execution of assigned payrolls, including collection and validation of inputs and error resolution. Manage inputs from Time & Attendance systems, including corrections, communications with PX and Site stakeholders, and colleague inquiries. Communicate payroll kick off and approval processing milestones. Validate and balance payroll, process changes to correct errors or provide updates.
- Provide required funding forecasts, bank files and GL files to Treasury and Finance.
- Distribute required reports to stakeholders during and post-payroll.
- Manage and process more complex payroll changes, including sales bonuses, STD, return to work, LOA, military leave, severance and employee death.
- Process off-cycle payroll requests. Develop, administer and update off-cycle payroll process/practice documentation.
- Responsible for overall collection of payroll claims / overpayments / repayments working with HR, Legal and Payroll teams.
- Responsible for developing and publishing annual payroll calendar, including cut-off dates and other key dates to all stakeholders.
- Participate as primary payroll operations lead in Payroll Year End process.
- Ensure all necessary audit processes are implemented and followed in order to assure Sarbanes-Oxley, external and internal audit compliance. Responds to audit inquiries as needed. Records pertinent RCM and validation activities in corporate systems.
- Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives for payroll processes. Trouble shoots more complex payroll issues.
- Work with vendor, Digital, Finance and other teams as needed to ensure technology, integrations, GL interfaces and other system components are functional.
- Respond to Tier 3 colleague inquiries as referred by the HR Service Center.
- Serve as back-up for other team members as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll, accounting or human resources with demonstrated increase in responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Time & Attendance systems and processing
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or other common HCM, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis and complex calculations
- May need to work non-standard hours depending on countries / payroll cycles assigned and payroll processing schedule
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.