Senior Manager, HR Data and Services
Effective January 4th, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Facilitate and lead the HR Data and Services team in data, time & labor, and pre-payroll functions for 19,000+ employees with a focus on continuous improvement and high-level of engagement. In the role, you will be a part of the Philips People Services (PPS) Organization, providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to a team of professionals responsible for HRIS and payroll related items. . You will collaborate with PPS team members and key HR and COE stakeholders to implement and execute on Philips’ HR operating model.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Ensure the proper design and execution of assigned Philips data, pre-payroll, and time & labor management (TLM) processes. This includes but is not limited to analytics, TLM, pre-payroll input and validation, Workday processes, and data integrity processes.
- Oversee to ensure policies and procedures are fully documented and kept current with current processes and business requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring team performance against defined Key Performance Indicators, driving process improvement and positive employee experience.
- Ensure internal audits and check processes related to data, pre-payroll and TLM processes meet all applicable internal controls standards.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures in addition to required federal and local regulations.
- Deliver on financial commitments by actively managing the cost factors under direct control – vendor cost and staffing.
- Manage engagement/employee survey results and address timely as required
- Align with stakeholders, Centers of Expertise (COE), and peers on team performance and employee experience.
- Manage employees and hold employees accountable for the what and the how in their roles, particular emphasis on the Philips behaviors; providing timely and regular feedback and development opportunity.
- Collaborate within PPS and adjacent departments, including but not limited to Human Resource Managers (HRM) and COEs (Finance, Rewards, Legal, etc.)
- Coordinate development of employee, manager and HRM training and communication materials as required to support the data, pre-payroll, and TLM processes.
- Retain/adapt as necessary an organizational staffing plan that aligns with the requirements to support the HR Operating Model.
- Ensure communications with 3rd party providers are standardized and effective. Participate in operations review meetings with providers to ensure that process issues and other new business requirements are effectively handled.
- Ensure that appropriate methods and contacts are in place to support business and employee requirements and reflect Customer First behaviors in the department.
- Ensure that an effective escalation process is in place and communicated to internal customers to deal with data/pre-payroll/TLM issues.
- Manage vendor relationships, escalations, and invoices/invoice approvals, and purchase orders in alignment with management as necessary.
- Ensure effective customer escalation management in alignment with peers, stakeholders, COE, and/or HRMs; communicate to management as required.
- Maintain local and North America network/knowledge related to data/payroll/vendor industry standards, trends, and news; communicate to management for benchmarking and long-term strategy planning.
- Participate in HR/PPS projects in North America.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You are a part of
Philips’ People Services (PPS) organization, reporting into the North America Head of People Services. This position is part of the Global Business Services (GBS) North America hub in Nashville, Tennessee. Philips GBS Nashville hub has continued to grow in the Greater Nashville area since the original announcement of adding 800+ jobs in 2017. Philips is a global leader in health technology and we are looking to build the team in Nashville with passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals empowering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 2.5B people a year by 2030.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience’
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a large multi-state, public corporation strongly preferred.
- BS in Business, Human Resources or related degree preferred
- Matrix organization and HR shared service model experience is strongly preferred.
- Engaging people manager with change management and transformation experience.
- Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma expertise preferred.
- System knowledge ServiceNow, Workday, ADP GlobalView, Kronos (UKG) preferred.
- Outstanding ability to manage relationships and balance customer, project, organization, and team needs to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences, including senior organizational leaders.
- Ability to translate complicated project concepts (milestones, risks, desired outcomes, decision options, etc.) into concise observations and recommendations.
- Possesses strong strategic orientation, analytical skills, critical thinking ability, and evaluate broad impacts of work.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to lead, influence, and motivate others in the work group.
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrated successful application of data management methodology, tools, and best practices.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively, and follow through on commitments.
- Experience in effective change management techniques and implementation
- Possesses broad knowledge covering multiple Human Resources functions
- Experience with organizational design and process improvement.
- Ability to uphold safety standards, participate in continuous process improvement on the job, and follow our best practices.
- Anticipate travel up to 10%.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
U.S. work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. For this position, you will reside in or within commuting distance to Nashville, TN.
How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams, and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Philips is an Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran and maintains a drug-free workplace.