Madrid, Spain 28001
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
The Payroll Specialist is a critical member of the Financial Shared Services team. This role provides support for all payroll functions. The ideal candidate should exhibit exceptional customer service skills, a positive attitude, and a strong attention for detail. The Payroll Specialist will interface on a regular basis with other departments, including but not limited to Human Resources. Additionally, the successful candidate is also a service-oriented person who enjoys high volume transactional responsibilities and takes pride in the accuracy and thoroughness of their work. The Payroll Specialist will also be expected to interact professionally with all employees of Plug Power. The ideal candidate will also exhibit care and discretion with the sensitive nature of payroll and personal data.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Perform all transactional functions to process payroll monthly basis with the utmost focus on timeliness and processing accuracy.
Ensure compliance with all tax filing requirements in multi-country jurisdictions as well as
appropriate processing of liens, garnishments, and other payroll-related transactions.
Build and maintain effective cross-functional relationships within the organization,
engage with cross-functional partners proactively in completion of job responsibilities.
Take the lead to communicate payroll-related updates to the organization in a clear and effective manner.
Approach all work activities with a customer service focus; being mindful of payroll as a service department in support of the organization.
Achieve and maintain a thorough understanding of company payroll processing software and related functionality; focus on continuing education in this regard.
Evaluate work processes on an ongoing basis; seek efficiencies and make appropriate suggestions for process improvements.
Generate reporting and metrics as required in support of cross-functional department needs.
Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in finance or human resources preferred; experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered.
- Five (5) + years of payroll processing experience required.
- Experience with Workday, silae or loket is preferred.
- Must be driven, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and also within a team setting. Ability to perform and deliver excellent results.
- Superb follow-through.
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Approach all work activities with a customer service focus.
- Uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Sox control knowledge is a plus.
- Payroll vendor management experience is preferred.
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.