Spokane, Washington 99201
Senior HR Generalist
Status: Exempt (salaried)
Department: Human Resources
Plug Power is the leading provider of clean hydrogen and zero-emission fuel cell solutions that are both cost-effective and reliable. With more than 35,000 fuel cell units deployed, and more than 20 years of innovation, Plug Power is the largest buyer of liquid hydrogen and has built more hydrogen refueling stations than anyone else in the world.
Green hydrogen represents a cornerstone of Plug Power’s long-term vertical integration strategy, and we believe it will be essential to our efforts to build a modern clean hydrogen economy.
Green hydrogen generation and storage are key support components to our strategy and plans to have green hydrogen account for more than 50% of Plug Power’s hydrogen usage by 2024. We are poised to become one of the largest green hydrogen generation companies in the world.
The Sr HR Generalist role is responsible for supporting Plug Power by staying connected to matters which impact the people and the culture of the organization. This role is a subject matter expert providing guidance on all employee life cycle matters such as: employee relations, performance, policy interpretation, compensation, compliance and much more. This individual will also act as a facilitator for designated departments between the Human Resources Centers of Excellence as well as our Global Human Resources Business Partners to execute on operational excellence for the Human Resources team. The ideal candidate must maintain a thorough understanding of business priorities and continue working to build trusted relationships with a diverse audience of internal stakeholders representing a wide variety of HR support needs. The Sr HR Field Partner must have a strong generalist foundation including knowledge of HR best practices and the legal environment while also possessing skills in the areas of interpersonal communication, relationship building, project management, critical thinking, and process improvement. This individual must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple competing priorities at once, and is willing to adapt within a fast-paced organization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Interfaces with managers to build relationships, employee morale and increase both productivity and retention throughout Plug Power
- Facilitates support for designated departments by communicating with the Human Resources Centers of Excellence as well as Global Human Resources Business Partners to execute on operational excellence.
- Develops recommendations and coordinate employee relations activities, including leading or assisting as needed in investigations of alleged misconduct and submit findings and recommendations to HR leadership.
- Partners with leaders and employees on performance development and employee disciplinary matters
- Collaborates and supports Global Talent Acquisition team with recruitment efforts for assigned departments.
- Assists in facilitating HR training to various levels of management to include company policies, EEO and Anti-Harassment training, leadership training, HR compliance, and employee engagement.
- Responds to potential employee grievances and regulatory agencies as appropriate
- Conducts exit and stay interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the HR leadership team for continuous improvement.
- Administers various human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains an ongoing knowledge of legislation impacting HR activities; identify compliance gaps within HR functionality and recommend remedial actions as appropriate.
- Supports the organization through participation in special HR projects that maintain a positive employer-employee relationship and maintain morale.
- Develop strong and effective collaboration with internal clients and staff across departments.
- Promote culture of employee engagement, a positive environment, and a great place to work.
- Represent Plug in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or another relevant field
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Human Resource, preferably in a generalist capacity with experience in manufacturing
- Extensive experience with employee relations and investigations required
- Experience within a technology, engineering or manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Experience working in an organization with numerous locations and a remote workforce is highly preferred
- SHRM certification preferred (PHR or SHRM-CP)
- Experience with Workday is desired
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven track record of developing effective relationships
- Strong project management and process improvement abilities
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels
- Uncompromising dedication to quality
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Must be driven and self-motivated, with excellent follow-through
- Exempt employees are expected to work as many hours as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. This may require they work more than eight hours a day and more than five days or 40 hours per week
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.