Latham, New York 12110
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Department: Human Resources
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will be a team-oriented individual who utilizes tracking systems to monitor and record recruiting activities, determines eligibility of candidates, supports innovative sourcing strategies and networks to grow a diverse pipeline of candidates. Will also identify process improvements to enhance the recruiting process. The TA Coordinator may be responsible for consulting with hiring managers to understand their recruitment needs, pre-screen candidates to assess their qualifications, and monitor requisition statuses to ensure an efficient recruitment process. As an integral part of a global, industry leading organization, the individual must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple competing priorities at once, and be willing to adapt within a fast-paced environment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to position requests, including generating job descriptions and posting positions to Plug Power’s Careers page and relevant job boards.
- Assist with reviewing job ads for multiple high-volume/entry-level roles.
- Setup and process pre-employment screenings, new hire background checks, I9s, compliance checks, and compliance training profiles.
- Lead the completion of all aspects of the onboarding process by interfacing frequently with new hires and collaborating with cross-functional partners including payroll, IT and other stakeholders as relevant
- Complete successful transition of New Hire through onboarding, including liaising with IT to ensure all equipment is provided promptly on first day of employment.
- Support and participate in orientation program for new hires in order to help ensure effective and comfortable assimilation into the Company.
- Coordinate onboarding of temporary contract employees including communication with agencies, notifying IT for system access, and assist where needed regarding assignment paperwork.
- Update HRIS system (Workday) to support new hires, internal promotions, title changes, etc.
- Become expert/go-to on Talent Acquisition processes within Workday.
- Represent Plug Power at appropriate job fairs as requested.
- Maintain excellent professionalism, honoring confidentiality of HR information, when interacting with all team members, applicants, employees, and business stakeholders.
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions
- Ensure compliance-readiness for the department through: timely and accurate processing of departmental transactions, thorough completion of all employee paperwork, security of confidential information and maintaining proper standards with record retention
- Approach all work activities with a customer service focus being mindful of HR as a service department in support of the organization
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in human resources, business, finance or other relevant field; bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of experience
- A minimum of one to three years of relevant work experience (preferably within an HR or Recruiting environment)
- Basic knowledge of HR best practices is a plus
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong proficiency operating in Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and HRIS systems. Workday experience is strongly preferred.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage confidential information with the utmost care and diligence
- Uncompromising dedication to quality
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Excellent follow-through
- Must be driven and self-motivated
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.