At Pluralsight, our team members are our greatest asset and this is why we provide some of the best perks and benefits in the industry! That being said, we are seeking a Sr. Benefits Specialist who has a passion for all things benefits and can provide administration and support for all employee benefit plans, programs, and policies. In this role, you will act as our in-house employee benefits specialist and resource to execute benefit programs, lead compliance related needs, assess benefit eligibility, and support all related ad-hoc projects.
You will be the face of Pluralsight’s benefit programs; the first person new hires will hear from regarding benefits, and your interactions will leave a lasting positive impression.
This role requires “white glove” professional interaction with team members and partners. The Sr. Benefits Specialist champions an outstanding Pluralsight benefits experience from beginning to end for our team members and their families.
Who you’re committed to being:
- Innovative, driven by data, and empathetic in how you approach our benefit programs
- An inquisitive, critical problem solver who is always looking for how things can work better
- Creative problem-solver: you find ways to communicate value clearly to partners
- A collaborative teammate, willing to step in and help team members when needed
- Passionate for success and bring infectious energy to the workplace
- Able to work autonomously
- See the bigger picture
- Are a problem solver and can adjust on the go
- High level of professionalism in every interaction
- Take ownership of the Pluralsight experience by adopting Pluralsight’s mission and lead with our values
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the administration of employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, disability programs, and 401(k)
- Responsible for participating in vendor management activities including day-to-day oversight, regular status calls and process improvement initiatives
- Host onsite wellness-related events such as dental cleanings, flu shots, etc.
- Create and adapt internal benefits content for team members to enable self-service
- Conduct new hire benefits orientation and enrollments
- Implement and manage new on-site medical clinic
- Handle reconciliation of all benefit invoices against budgets to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate and facilitate compliance related matters, in partnership with external vendors, including (but not limited to) completion of Form 5500s, ACA filings, annual audits, and non-discrimination testing
- Support the annual benefits Open Enrollment process, including working with vendors, brokers and consultants to lead employee communications, prepare benefit plan materials, coordinate timelines and address employee questions
- Gather feedback from employees on benefit programs to provide insights on potential opportunities to enhance or build new benefit program offerings
- Partner with internal partners such as HRIS, Payroll, People Operations, Total Rewards, People Business Partners, Recruiting, Legal, and Finance on renewals, benefit program implementations, auditing, and other areas related to benefits administration
- Perform and provide guidance on other Benefits/HR ad-hoc projects as needed, such as accommodations, leaves of absence, visa and immigration, workers comp, etc.
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years of experience working in Benefits Administration
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, ACA, etc.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and analytical skills
- Technical proficiency in one or more HR Information Systems
- Experience managing benefit plans outside of the United States is preferred but not required
- Experience with Workday preferred but not required