New York – Lake Success
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As a healthcare organization, we believe that vaccination against COVID-19, and other diseases, is critical in protecting our people and our patients. As a matter of Company policy, all new and rehires are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
**This is a hybrid role**
**This position is located in either Lake Success, NY or Chicago area, IL**
PM Pediatrics, a rapidly growing, private equity-backed, multi-site healthcare services company, is looking for an Assistant Controller to assist in advancing the accounting processes and operations. The Assistant Controller will support the Controller while directly managing accountants through the month-end close process, preparation and analysis of financial reports, and review and updating of processes as the company develops new service lines. Additionally, PM Pediatrics is upgrading the systems and tools in place in the Accounting department and the Assistant Controller will play a critical role in designing solutions, evaluating alternatives, and implementation. Finally, the candidate will lead discussions with consultants, independent auditing firms, tax preparers and valuation firms as appropriate to complete these goals. The Assistant Controller must ensure the team’s processes and structure are scalable to evolve as the company continues its rapid growth.
- Manage the accounting team responsible for the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate completion of financial statements
- Evaluate and refine the appropriate owner assignments and composition within the accounting function to accelerate the close timeline and drive accountability across the team
- Play a key role in the future implementation of account reconciliation and close management tools to streamline processes and optimize accounting procedures through automation
- Evaluate and evolve appropriateness of accounting policies and procedures as the company enters new service lines
- Lead engagements with financial consulting firms to augment internal resources dealing with complex situations
- Take a leadership role in managing internal and external audit relationships, including coordination of quarterly reviews, annual audit, and tax preparation.
- Coordinate the completion of monthly and quarterly consolidation and entity reporting activities including joint ventures
- Assist the Controller with the preparation, analysis, and presentation of all financial reports, including regular cash flow reporting
- Partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team as they conduct variance analysis
- Review, analyze & interpret financial data and make suggestions around new policy, key issues, and other strategic decisions
- Partner with other functional leaders on all complex business transactions to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and controls.
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management, and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in accounting.
- 7 years related experience in accounting with multi-site and/or rapid growth company experience preferred
- 3 years in a supervisory role demonstrating success in recruiting, team skill development, and establishing a performance-driven culture
- Workday experience preferred, Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong change management skills (structural, process, systems, team building)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and possess the ability to present reports and teach concepts in an easy to follow manner.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
PM Pediatrics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.