FL St Petersburg
about the position…
The Learning Technolgy Manager is responsible for creating innovative and high-impact solutions, using both LXD and ID methods, focused on learning experience design, content development, and learning technology. The ideal candidate will effectively define, develop, deliver, and evaluate solutions that address technical learning needs and performance gaps. This role will help support the goals of all learning programs, ranging from onboarding and career development, to process and jobsite-related processes. In addition, this role will develop and align curriculum and deployment plans with overall business strategies. The Learning & Development Manager must be passionate about enhancing business functions through learning and continuous improvement. Success in this position requires the ability to think strategically and perform in a fast-moving, ever-evolving business.
- Implement learning solutions in partnership with executives and key stakeholders that meet business needs, are relevant and innovative, and have a high impact on performance.
- Lead a team of learning professionals to develop high-quality solutions and materials using a range of learning methods (eg ILT, VILT, blended learning, etc.) and media (eg video, workbooks, written, interactive).
- Create reports and track metrics to measure and articulate L&D effectiveness and impact based on strategic alignment, overall organizational health, and KPIs.
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS), provide training to users, and support program administrators with task functions including course creation, testing content, enhancements, and general system functionality.
- Partner with appropriate teams and subject matter experts to conduct needs assessments, determine required learning outcomes, and develop the most effective solution to achieve results.
- Provide thought leadership on current learning trends and work with management to drive cutting-edge learning solutions that result in increased capacity for change.
- Manage external vendors and course providers as well as oversee learning vendor contract management.
- Design and implement people-centric change management solutions that drive positive business outcomes.
- Constantly improve learning experiences and products based on iterative delivery, feedback, and the latest industry research.
- Perform other emergent tasks that support the learning function at PDI.
here’s what we’re looking for…
- 5-8 years of experience leading a learning function in an enterprise environment, including several years of experience managing a team, is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Organizational Development, or another related field is required.
- Experience with current technologies for instructional design technology (Adobe/Articulate, SCORM/xAPI, etc.) and Workday Learning or other comparable learning management platforms is required.
- Proven track record managing program ROI, evaluating success metrics, and reporting on program deliverables.
- Demonstrated success at project leadership and program implementation; learning project management experience is required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Strong track record of rapidly deploying learning and cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult conversations, manage stakeholders, and translate ambiguous ideas into action.
- Relentlessly high standards and strong organizational skills with the ability to manage expectations and customer demands while remaining organized, creative, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to deliver results in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with varying deadlines.
- Proven success at building credibility quickly at all levels of the organization including the executive level.
- Demonstrated mastery of advanced instructional technology principles, methods, techniques, and standards. Knowledge of current and emerging trends related to adult learning.
- Effective and appropriate written and verbal communication skills in a business environment including facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation, and growth.
some of our benefits…
Power Design has national health and dental plans, and we also offer life insurance and short and long term disability plans. You’ll receive paid vacations and holidays as well as national discount programs for everything from movie tickets to flowers, rental cars, phones and vehicles! We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan as well as incentive and recognition programs. Relocation opportunities may also be available!