Join Our Team
In 2022, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution named Primerica one of the best places to work for the ninth consecutive year. Also in 2022, Primerica was named one of the Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes for the second consecutive year. Forbes also named Primerica as one of America’s best Insurance companies for 2022. Primerica ranks 6th among 25 companies included in the Term Life Insurance category. Over the past seven years Primerica has consistently been voted Best Employer by Gwinnett Magazine in its special “Best of Gwinnett” winner editions. Primerica is a great place to work! Join our team to experience what it’s like to work at “one of the best places to work in the metro Atlanta”.
About this Position
The Accounting Manager of Cash Analysis is a key member of the Operational Accounting Management Team. This position provides oversight for cash posting, credit card coordination and reconciliation. Provides leadership and direction for monthly financial close activities including journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliation. Maintains internal controls in compliance with company and SOX requirements and serves as liaison with internal and external auditors. Also serves as liaison with credit card processor.
In addition, this position works with various Operating Areas collaboratively and cross-functionally to improve existing systems, procedures, processes, and controls related to cash posting and credit card processing.
This is a hybrid position that requires working onsite in the Duluth, Georgia office and remotely multiple days each week.
The estimated salary range for this role is: $90K – $110K
Responsibilities & Qualifications
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Leadership and Mentoring to Team Managers and Staff
Staffing – support recruitment of finance and accounting team members
Training – Provide ongoing coaching and learning activities
Performance Management – provide guidance in managing underperformers, recognition of top performers and oversight of the end to end performance review process.
Career Development – provide opportunities for strong performers to progress to the next level and meet career goals.
- Develop, Implement, and Maintain Accounting Policies and Procedures to support business needs
Ensure the integrity of accounting related activities designed to meet generally accepted accounting standards, providing financial accountability for areas of responsibility, proper execution of internal controls, and helping to support the activities of the operating departments. Continually evaluate the effectiveness of operational procedures and controls to maximize departmental productivity and minimize financial misstatement while remaining compliant with SOX and other business and regulatory standards.
Drive the month end close process by managing to the close calendar and coordinating with team managers to ensure completion of the close activities
Serve as liaison with internal and third party stakeholders (internal/external audit, credit card provider, etc) to support information requests, reviews and audits.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to support process improvements and business initiatives
Assist team to rectify account and processing issues. Recommend improvements to process flows, process and procedures. Become a subject matter expert on processes; Credit Card processing, Blackline Matching and Reconciliations, Workday Financials, etc. Work towards making best use of system functionality to enable continued automation in all areas of cash processing and accounting. Effectively work with the Technical support team to ensure timely resolution of all system-related issues. Build and maintain successful working relationships; internal and external.
- Present gathered information timely, clearly and accurately
Working with all levels within the department, lead in development of clear and accurate presentation of the issues as they arise. Monitor issues and escalate timely to senior management.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Formal supervisory responsibilities, including performance management, staffing, employee relations & compensation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management
- 6 – 10 years Progressive accounting and financial analysis roles required
- 3+ years supervisory experience preferred
- FINRA Series 6, or obtained within 6 months with learning agreement
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Excel – minimum intermediate proficiency. Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail. Effective writing, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, learn and adapt quickly. Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Resolve issues and make sound decisions and recommendations independently. Experience with Blackline, Remittance Processing, Workday Financials Project Management a plus.
This position is exempt (not eligible for overtime pay):
Day one health, dental, and vision insurance
401(k) Plan with competitive employer match
Vacation, sick, holiday and volunteer time off
Life and disability insurance
Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account
Company-sponsored social and philanthropy events
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Primerica, Inc., and its subsidiaries to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, color, religious creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, military service or veteran status, genetic or carrier status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
At Primerica, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.