It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity— and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
The Global HR Operations and Compliance Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role where you will be responsible for executing HR initiatives, driving HR functional excellence, process improvement and global HR compliance efforts globally, ensuring coordination of compliance with local, state, federal and international legislation obligations, and while partnering with our internal compensation team on maintaining compliant compensation procedures. The ideal candidate welcomes constant change and is someone who can be strategic and inventive, with a high level of quality in the tactical implementation and operational excellence.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and implement a global HR operations strategy and compliance requirements that contributes to Proofpoint’s success by driving efficient, compliant, streamlined, and productive processes and tools that advance Proofpoint’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Align HR operational and support services to be compliant, anticipating and exceeding the needs of the business units, regional offices, projects, and other work sites.
- Serve as HR Operations liaison with Legal, Tax, Payroll, and Procurement for U.S. and international HR issues.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, Legal, and Human Resources Departments across all offices, to facilitate the timely integration of employment compliance requirements into their processes.
- Lead global HR due diligence (terms and conditions of employment, infrastructure and documentation) and manage the maintenance of international office employee handbooks.
- Preparation and submittal of annual required governmental reporting, such as: EEO-1, AAPs, UK Gender Pay Gap Reporting and other related compliance reporting.
- Participate in pay equity review processes, including preparation of compensation workbooks and analysis of compensation data.
- Draft and revises employee handbook policies to reflect employment law updates, ensuring alignment with external regulations and internal requirements.
- Manage HR compliance reviews and audits, including gathering, reviewing and analyzing internal records.
- Work with international location leaders to ensure compliance with local employment law regulations. Finds opportunities to create consistency across offices when legally permissible.
- Engage in strategic long-term planning by developing goals for the HR compliance function recommending procedural improvements in compliance practices.
- Ensure current knowledge of policies and practices for staff, and current knowledge of industry trends.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team
- Considerable knowledge of human resources principles and practices, including employment laws and regulations, with law firm experience a plus.
- Direct experience having supported HR compliance on a global scale, with an emphasis on Americas and Asia Pacific regions.
- Experience with drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and HR compliance policies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously, with a strong ability to prioritize, organize and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, management, and attorneys to ensure a seamless response to new compliance obligations.
- Must have in-depth analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Deals courteously/effectively with others.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Working knowledge of Workday.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 8-10+ years of related HR Operations experience.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Consistent with Proofpoint values and applicable law, we provide the following information to promote pay transparency and equity. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets as set out below. Pay within these ranges varies and depends on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. The range provided may represent a candidate range and may not reflect the full range for an individual tenured employee. This role may be eligible for variable pay and/or equity. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes flexible time off, a robust well-being program that provides for 4 global wellbeing days per year, and a 3-week work from anywhere option.
Base Pay Ranges:
SF Bay Area, New York City Metro Area:
Base Pay Range: 116,690.00 – 183,370.00 USD
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Washington DC Metro, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Texas, Washington, Virginia, and Alaska:
Base Pay Range: 96,880.00 – 152,240.00 USD
All other cities and states excluding those listed above:
Base Pay Range: 87,220.00 – 137,060.00 USD