USA – Remote
The Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst is responsible for monthly and quarterly close activities including the documentation, processing and analysis of revenue transactions, reconciliation of all revenue related accounts as well as the preparation of reports and schedules for auditors and management. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently. The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA, and in-depth knowledge of GAAP including expertise in ASC 985-606, and ASC 985-605. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be detail oriented and hands-on.
A Day in the Life of the Assistant Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst: About the role:
- Work with cross-functional teams to finalize revenue forecast on a quarterly basis; prepare weekly revenue forecast package to leadership.
- Perform analysis for financial metrics including ARR, Backlog and RPO disclosure.
- Analyze contracts and receivables for potential losses and accrue reserves as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain recurring revenue analysis schedules used to support revenue recognition as well backlog disclosure reporting and forecasting.
- Responsible for detailed spreadsheet analysis for revenue and deferred revenue including quarterly flux analysis for management and external auditors
- Maintain control documentation for revenue related processes and key controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Research accounting guidance and facilitate technical accounting memos that analyze and conclude on accounting issues and its impact on company financials. Analyze and interpret accounting standards to support new business requirements
- Liaise with internal and external auditors related to quarterly and annual audits of contracts, revenue as well as internal control testing
- Identify and implement accounting system improvements in the Revenue area.
- Collaborate with operations management, IT and professional service team to assess, help define and implement accounting systems.
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects including the implementation of new accounting systems and related revenue reporting improvements
Required Qualifications – About You
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA required including at least 3 years of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- At least 2 years of public company revenue recognition experience highly desired
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant revenue accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP revenue standards and related pronouncements and experience in their application for revenue recognition
- Advanced accounting system experience and knowledge of Workday financials is highly desired as well experience implementing new systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with strong Excel skills required
- Strong leadership skills and high degree of business and technical proficiency and judgment are essential
- Software and multiple element arrangement revenue recognition experience including familiarity with ASC 985-606 & 605
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting and system issues
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels, functions, and locations
Skills & Personal Characteristics
PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we won’t stop until we’ve delivered on our promises. We’re committed to the success of our customers. That’s why we think harder and dream bigger – so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has 30+ years of proven success with a long runway of more success.
Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. If you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.