Remote (United States)
Job Description Summary:
This position will start as a contractor role, with the possibility of permanent hire depending on performance.
The Contract, Talent Acquisition Sourcer is responsible for supporting PTC’s annual and on-going global staffing objectives. This position collaborates with internal, candidate-facing talent acquisition team members, other members of the human resources function and with hiring managers, to ensure he/she has a complete and thorough understanding of the vacant job, the experience/education required for the position and other criteria as may be relevant to the recruiting and applicant selection process. He/She is responsible for facilitating the talent acquisition process from requisition through to hire for assigned departments/positions.
The Contract, Talent Acquisition Sourcer also contributes to the development of qualified candidate pools for assigned roles, balancing cost and efficiency to ensure the needs of the business are met.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources as appropriate on talent acquisition-related activities.
The Contract, Talent Acquisition Sourcer supports adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
- Partners with internal, candidate-facing talent acquisition team members, other members of the human resources function and with hiring managers to ensure he/she has a complete and thorough understanding of the vacant position, the education/experience required for the position and other criteria as may be relevant to the development to the recruiting and applicant selection process.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop and execute on a strategic sourcing plan(s) designed to deliver qualified candidates quickly and cost-effectively to ensure the on-going talent acquisition needs of the company are met.
- Screens and assesses resumes/candidates and ensures the timely flow of qualified candidates for assigned job functions/roles ranging from entry- to executive-level. Contributes to building talent pipelines for key or hard-to-fill functions as appropriate.
- Maintains and leverages knowledge of external market dynamics to optimize the development of qualified candidate pools. Provides market insight to hiring managers, departmental leadership and other internal key stakeholders as required to drive/optimize the talent acquisition process.
- Prescreens resumes/candidates and presents qualified candidates to hiring managers for further consideration ensuring that candidates meet the experience/education requirements for the role and are aligned with PTC’s culture and values.
- Ensures candidates are interviewed by appropriate internal key stakeholders. May represent HR on interview panels. Ensures interview feedback is collected and synthesized and that the candidate selection process is effective and timely.
- Collaborates with appropriate HR team members and hiring managers to develop compensatory elements of offers of employment.
- Actively identifies and shares best practices with human resources and talent acquisition colleagues, hiring managers and others as appropriate. Identifies and/or provides support for recruitment process improvements.
- May support the development and finalization of job descriptions.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
* Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related HR or business discipline and a minimum of 6 years of general experience in a Talent Acquisition role ideally within a minimum of 3 years in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment OR equivalent experience and/or education.
* Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required.
- Demonstrated success as a member of an internal talent acquisition team in a customer-facing role, ideally in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with hiring manager(s) and other key stakeholders as required to rapidly develop a thorough understanding of assigned jobs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and proficiency with, the tools/technology used to develop qualified candidate pools for assigned job functions/roles.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects. Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments, multi-task, maintain strong attention to detail and proactively follow-up with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external relationships and to demonstrate superior customer service skills. Demonstrated success providing support in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, one or more Applicant Tracking Systems and the use of LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor for candidate pool development.
*Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
- Experience sourcing Research & Development, Clinical Development, Commercial, Manufacturing, Gene Therapy and other functional areas preferred.
- Talent Acquisition certifications including, but not limited to, AIRS and LinkedIn.
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience, either as a member of an internal Talent Acquisition or Human Resources team or as an employee of a staffing agency providing services to this industry sector.
- Knowledge of HR employment related laws/practices.
- Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and/or payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Workday ATS and/or Beamery.
- Fluency in another language (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, etc.) preferred.
* Travel requirements
- 0-10 %
**At PTC Therapeutics we are seeking candidates in the United States who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or who will be fully vaccinated by the time they begin the position.
PTC Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.