Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
The Emerging Technology Lab is a group of technologists with expertise in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design. We work with new and emerging technologies and help internal PwC stakeholders understand how these technologies can affect their work. At our core we are an innovative R&D group that builds functional prototypes that demonstrate the potential of future technologies. Learn more here
What you’ll do:
You will be engaged with our Emerging Technology team to build prototypes and solutions for internal teams and clients with a strong focus in developing emerging tech prototypes.
As a technologist, you’re expected to:
● Blend technical experience in product development, rapid prototyping, and user experience design with business perspectives from organizations, sectors, and industries.
● Help internal teams achieve their goals through rapid iteration, experimentation, and prototyping while maintaining organizational focus to apply past lessons to future endeavors.
Who you’ll work with:
You will collaborate with a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping PwC solve its complex business issues from strategy to execution.
● Build Proof of Concepts (PoC’s) focusing on solving emerging PwC challenges, using the PwC essential 8 technologies and new emerging tech as follows:
i. Based on the pwc industries of focus, recent global and regional trends and/or the business requirements
ii. Once the use case & plan is evaluated and approved by team, build and iterate working prototype using the essential 8 technologies – update EmTech leadership on progress and kanban boards
iii. Once the built use case meets requirements of internal PwC clients, close out with documentation on the demo catalogue/ marketing snippets, conduct a handoff session with XLab manager/ creative technologist & review session with the EmTech team
● Stay abreast with the latest global and regional trends in the respective technology field, to increase technical and business acumen such as:
○ Take part in PwC cross-territory EmTech community of interest for the respective technology, representing the Middle East perspective and interests
○ Attending conferences/ tech events per year related to this technology
○ Reading the latest news, and then sharing insights with the rest of the team on a regular basis
○ Know the local/ regional ecosystem of startups and companies related to the technologists technology
● Ideate and share ideas with respective teams
○ Be proactive and share ideas to fill use case backlog in monthly brainstorms
○ Share and support teams and initiatives when necessary
● Follow, understand and engage with pwc’s strategy and digital agendas
○ Understand different pwc lines of service function and develop xLoS internal relationships
○ Prepare and host informational sessions and trainings with internal PwC teams and/or external clients
○ Undertake at least 1 training focused on technical capabilities and related to a respective technology (online or in person)
○ Undertake at least 1 training focused on soft skills related to career development (online or in person)
● Work with the wider EmTech team as needed
○ Work with the Innovation and Research team to properly discover and research before prototypes building
○ Support XLab’s team in personalizing prototypes for new experiences and prepare to run prototype demos for the respective technology event (e.g. conferences, workshops, client tour etc.)
○ Prepare technical content for creative experiences as well as creating technical handover documents
○ Work with our Centre of Excellence team when a prototype is needed to be scaled
● Manage time for EmTech responsibilities, as follows:
○ Prioritize time spent on building use cases and time managed other tasks e.g. training, conducting training, and showcasing technology in events
○ Be flexible with time depending on internal client deadlines
○ Comply with pwc compliance, timesheets, booking leave, managing expenses, annual compliance training, snapshots/workday feedbacks
○ Challenge EmTech leadership’s expectations on tasks, time allocation and output expectations, as and when required
● Have a good work ethic and culture:
○ Being proactive, seeking to self learn, self manage, being inquisitive and inclusive
○ Participate and bring new ideas to the table in standups, monthly meets, away days and ideation sessions
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar degree preferred.
● 2-3 years of professional experience; experience applied to business problems and solution development is required
● Fluent communication in English is mandatory and Arabic preferred
● Experience in one or more of the following 3D Printing, Internet of Things, Drones, Augmented reality, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence or Robotics
● Experience in programming e.g. Python, SQL, Node.JS, R, C++, C# (preferably)
● Experience in 3D design/modelling (preferably)
● Experience working with Cloud Services (preferably)
● Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success collaborating with a broad team of strategy, technology, creative, and production resources, especially coordinating project work with third-party partners and vendors.
● Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success identifying and addressing client needs, building solid relationships with stakeholders, developing an awareness of our emerging technology services, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date