Job Description & Summary
A career in Enterprise Application Risk will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. The work revolves around creative problem solving and applying innovative technologies to enable strategies that increase the value of the applications that run our client’s business.
Our focus is on creating effective and efficient design for the most important business, security and compliance processes for our clients. We touch on aspects of application security and areas prone to fraud and financial misstatement and on streamlining processes that are part of our client’s core business so they can get a higher return on this key investment. Using innovative, and proprietary technologies, we help to bridge the gap between business stakeholders, compliance functions, and Information Technology teams to assist in understanding how to embrace new ways of working while limiting their financial and operational risk profile. We use knowledge of financial system design, risk mitigation, business process design, data integrity, security, and use of data analytics. Our clients make large investments in enterprise financial systems, and they need to design those systems to meet the needs of their business while providing capabilities to improve end user experiences while managing risk. Our team helps companies manage risks on their journey to a more digitally integrated environment which enables them to better harness cloud technologies. As part of our team, you will focus on helping clients gain value across their technology ecosystem by addressing risks tied to systems, security, data, reporting, and programs.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Workday is what we do. As part of our Cyber Risk and Regulatory platform, we simplify Workday security and controls to protect businesses and their workforce. Our focus is on Workday security and internal control across finance and HR functions. We know Workday, and we use knowledge of financial system design, security, business processes, risk mitigation, and compliance to solve our customers’ most important problems along their Workday journey.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
3 year(s) of experience in ERP controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing with a minimum of 1 year of experience with Workday.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting & Technology, Accounting, Business Application Programming, Business Administration/Management, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Management, Computer Programming, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Economics and Finance & Technology, Finance & Technology, Finance, Information CyberSecurity, Information Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management of Technology, Risk Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering & Accounting
- CISA, CRISC or CGEIT
- Workday Certification (HCM, FINS, Payroll, integrations, Extend, Reporting, PM)
A Senior Associate works as part of a team of Workday certified experts helping to solve complex business issues. Candidates should demonstrate a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member designing, implementing, and/or assessing internal controls over Workday security and business cycles, to include:
- Knowledge of Workday configurable security, foundation data model (FDM), and module specific configurations;
- Experience interfacing with client roles across HR, IT, Finance, and Accounting to identify, evaluate and support the implementation of security and business process controls as part of a Workday implementation or post-deployment project;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements with an emphasis on ICFR and industry specific control requirements, as aligned to controls over tenant security and business processes within Workday;
- Ability to collaborate with systems integrators in developing business requirements and business controls in Workday implementations;
- Ability to apply Workday security, configuration and control expertise to help customers protect their business and global workforce;
- Experience integrating internal control practices across Workday business cycles to mitigate risk and support compliance requirements;
- Experience working with customers to understand, document, and validate security objectives and internal control objectives;
- Experience supporting Workday security implementation and product configuration activities following the Workday deployment methodology;
- Experience actively participating in Workday Community by researching best practices and monitoring new and updated security functionality;
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Workday security required to meet business requirements;
- Design, document, test and monitor effective internal controls aligned to customer requirements and compliance stipulations;
- Plan, organize, and deliver Workday security and control solutions in a professional, client-focused manner; and,
- Earn and maintain Workday certifications in designated areas of expertise across Financial Management, HCM and other Workday areas.
Up to 40%
Job Posting End Date
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisoryseniorassociate