Job Description & Summary
A career in our Workday Finance practice, within Workday Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients leverage Workday technology as a tool to enhance and unify Human Resources, talent management, and finance. We focus on understanding the forces shaping their business and developing industry tailored solutions that support our clients through the entire lifecycle of the Workday implementation.
In joining, you’ll be a part of a team that helps our clients reinvent their financial management capabilities and drive change across their businesses. Acting as a true business partner, we get to know their business so they can achieve business process optimisation and gain access to a full range of financial capabilities, relevant analytics and metrics, and fully auditable process management that delivers accurate and timely financial information for confident decision making with Workday.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Workday Financials certification(s)
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Computer, and Information Science
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in leading and/or implementing Workday Financials, including design, build, and testing.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in assisting large companies with improving the performance of their finance organizations, including improving the delivery of finance services, implementing finance technologies, aligning finance strategy with business strategies, streamlining and standardizing finance policies, practices, and processes, transforming the finance organization to be more effective in supporting the business.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in serving on several cloud-based financial system implementations (e.g., Workday, NetSuite, Fusion, Intacct), acting as the project manager or lead.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in contributing to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in advising global organizations on improving efficiency and effectiveness in transaction processing, close and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, and internal and external reporting, which includes the following:
- Shared service and outsourcing, finance transformation, performance management, financial systems optimization, and talent management;
- Business intelligence and performance management software tools;
- Strategy development – as well as leveraging PC applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and business levels of fluency in multiple languages- to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, including development and delivery of business proposals, conferences and whitepapers;
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and
- Identification, obtainment and processing of critical data (e.g. benchmarks) to challenge the status quo through innovative thought leadership in the application of standard industry practice solutions for high performing finance functions, including the following; internal and external reporting; people and organization structures; performance management, budgeting and forecasting capabilities; cash flow optimization and the use of capital, and maintenance and building of cost-effective controls.
Up to 60%
Job Posting End Date
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager.
For positions in New York City, visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-a-advisorymanager