UT-Salt Lake City
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Workday Finance practice, within Workday Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients leverage Workday technology as a tool to enhance and unify Human Resources, talent management, and finance. We focus on understanding the forces shaping their business and developing industry tailored solutions that support our clients through the entire lifecycle of the Workday implementation.
In joining, you’ll be a part of a team that helps our clients reinvent their financial management capabilities and drive change across their businesses. Acting as a true business partner, we get to know their business so they can achieve business process optimisation and gain access to a full range of financial capabilities, relevant analytics and metrics, and fully auditable process management that delivers accurate and timely financial information for confident decision making with Workday.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
2 year(s) in developing Workday integrations
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Organizational Management
Workday Integration, Workday Financials, Workday Studio
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Performing assessment, design and delivery of a client’s current Finance processes based on leading practices; ability to translate these business requirements into technical specifications;
- Demonstrating technical specialization in implementing Workday integrations of all all types, with deep experience in Workday Studio Integration Designer Toolset;
- Demonstrating technical integration experience with external 3rd parties (e.g. Banks and Procurement providers);
- Being familiar with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application delivery on a global level;
- Influencing and managing stakeholder expectations;
- Working in a global/virtual team environment;
- Gathering and documenting requirements from users as input into the design of an integration;
- Demonstrating familiarity with database and application design technologies such as SQL, XML/XLST, Web Services (SOAP, REST), and middleware (MuleSoft, Boomi, etc.);
- Demonstrating knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, and Kanban;
- Demonstrating proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio;
- Demonstrating communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Demonstrating competence in the English language as it relates to business;
- Encouraging continued alignment to PwC IT Integration Standards and the correct selection of technologies, where appropriate acting as a champion for these standards when working with territories in the network;
- Engaging with 3rd parties as appropriate to build and test integrations to their systems;
- Working with a testing team to create testing plans and agree testing exit criteria to validate the requirements are met;
- Establishing that identified defects are resolved in a timely fashion during testing phases;
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures for Integrations, establishing that failures can be remediated quickly and efficiently;
- Acting as Level 3 Support where problems with integrations arise that cannot be resolved at level 2;
- Exhibiting significant Financials (FINS) reporting/analytics experience in a fast-paced Hi-Tech Environment, preferably in the Workday space;
- Showcasing proven experience of delivering support to a global user population; and,
- Working across a distributed technical landscape to design, develop, test and support integrated solutions.
Up to 60%
Job Posting End Date
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate.