The IT world is evolving. New technologies. New infrastructures. New and more complex customer needs. Every day feels like a shift. There’s a sense of excitement surrounding the future, but also uncertainty. That’s where QTS comes in. We’re fearlessly leading the way by redefining what it means to be a data center provider. We support next-generation cloud and hybrid colocation solutions. We deliver a fully-integrated platform from top to bottom – one enabled by technology and world-class infrastructure. Simply put, we’re innovating to stay ahead of the curve.
At QTS our people power us to provide expertise, technology and infrastructure for IT decision makers in complex, high-pressure environments. As one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing data center companies we help manage and protect critical data during a time of unprecedented change. The power of QTS’ innovation happens when smart, creative people with a unified vision collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem, or create a solution to improve lives.
We are powered by our people.
At QTS, we know where IT is going. And we’d like to invite you to join us.
The Investment Team Senior Associate will be responsible for helping administrate investment opportunities and facilitate the diligence process at QTS:
Manage processes internally for investments group to ensure timely and accurate response
Build better systems for tracking deals, contacts and information across the organization for real estate investment optimization
Development and ownership of financial models to support the company acquisitions, financings (joint-venture, equity initiatives, etc.), land, asset and operating company acquisitions/dispositions
Assist in managing projects from identification through completion, including coordination of due diligence teams and model underwriting
Research market data and costs information to drive the most meaningful decision analytics for senior management
Project management of financial items through these transactions
o Management of P&L to closing documents
o Cross-team coordination both pre and post-closing
The role requires keen skills in the area of real estate, financial, modeling, and technology, along with the ability to lead through influence and communicate with an executive team.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
• Create and utilize corporate financial models in Microsoft Excel.
• Understanding of Argus Enterprise software to analyze and underwrite datacenter properties.
• The writing and preparation of investment materials such as investment memorandums, presentations, and proposals.
• Analyze and interpret property level information including historical operating statements, budgets, CAM reconciliations, leases, loan agreements, etc.
• Lead calls and meetings with key internal and external constituents. Individuals should be able to effectively communicate and respond to sometimes complex questions and inquiries.
• Research and report on various markets and assets on specific assignments, in the course of continuing to expand market knowledge, and for general business development purposes.
• Provide advice on economic impact of new conditions and develop economic forecasts and drive business insights.
• Systematically track, compile, and interpret various sources of data related to the group’s business.
• Analyze business problems, and compile, analyze, and report data as part of economic impact research and analysis based on new and existing econometric data.
• Collaborate as independent contributor with cross-functional teams to implement strategies across a product or market.
• Conduct research, prepare reports, and analyze economic data to develop and shape business strategies.
• Based on the results of the research, develop strategies for managing products or markets and devise and manage business development strategies in order to maximize returns and increase efficiency.
• Coordinate the due diligence and closing process for transactions under contract, working with internal and third parties to analyze information and research financing and operating issues relevant to each transaction.
• Work effectively in a team environment, assuming all tasks as needed.
• Assist in the development of financial models for new assets, products and corporate initiatives, which include supporting management of the market or product pipeline.
• Use a thorough understanding of GAAP and finance theory to help business partners understand the financial implications of potential business decisions.
• Partner with business leaders to ensure that they understand the financial drivers inherent in those plans.
• Analyze actual vs. forecast performance, with an emphasis on understanding and communicating how the company will meet its financial commitments.
• Clearly and concisely communicate expected and actual financial results and the activities underlying those results.
• Identify, analyze, communicate and provide suggested solutions to resolve financial issues which impact business objectives.
• Evaluate the net present value and other operating metrics for capital investments in product development and other sources of growth.
• Leverage information systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness of forecasting and analysis.
Bachelor’s degree preferably with a concentration in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Mathematics or equivalent professional experience.
5 or more years of working experience in a collaborative financial environment (banking, real estate, etc.) focused on driving bottom line value-creation through strategic thinking in a time-sensitive manner.
Solid proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel.
Solid experience creating financial models using WACC, NPV, IRR and ROI.
Masters of Business Administration or equivalent
Experience with Workday, Salesforce, Adaptive Insights and Office Cx.
Experience in fast-paced, high-growth Data Center markets.
Experience providing financial and analytical support to a development organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ideal candidates will have a proven history of being extremely self-motivated, highly organized and open communicators who are eager to work in a fast-paced client focused entrepreneurial environment with limited formal structure.
Ability to organize, interpret, and draw appropriate conclusions from large volumes of data and to creatively present the information in a manner that enables non-financial managers to easily understand the information.
High attention to detail and accuracy.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Enthusiastic attitude in a team environment and ability to work independently.
Positive, flexible outlook.
KEY SKILLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN JOB:
Excellent Organizational & Interpersonal Skills
Fast Paced Environment
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
The pay transparency policy is available here:
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.